Software Engineer II - Cambridge MA - Relocation Expenses and Competit
Posted on Nov 1, 2018 by Octo Consulting Group
Our team is what makes Octo great. At Octo you'll work with some of the smartest and most accomplished people you'll find in your career. Octo offers fantastic benefits, and it's an amazing workplace culture where you will feel valued while you perform mission critical work for our government. Voted one of the region's best places to work multiple times, Octo is an employer of choice!
We are looking for…
Octo is currently seeking software engineers to join a growing team on an exciting and highly visible project for a DoD customer.
The ideal software engineers have hands-on experience in performing basic software code tasks, across multiple teams, with a focus in basic front-end development. Our software engineers serve in critical roles to test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimization. They have astute abilities in writing test scripts in an agile software development.
As a software engineer at Octo, you will pair program to maintain and improve the performance of existing software code, with duties to write and update software code. You are a software engineer that is comfortable working side by side with other engineers, product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. You have a passion for high-quality, reliable, and maintainable code. You are agile and retrospective, and not afraid to identify what we are doing wrong so we can fix it, and what we are doing right so we can improve on it.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client's missions.
What we'd like to see…
- Clear communication skills.
- Full stack development experience with proficiency from back-end to API layer to user interface
- 5+ years of back-end web application development with any server-side language (Java, C#, PHP, Nodejs, etc)
- Intimate knowledge of agile and lean philosophies and experience successfully leading software teams in the practice of these philosophies
- Experience working independently with clients or stakeholders conducting interviews observations and surveys to successfully create a user-story
- Experience designing full-service consumer and business applications
- Experience with Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration techniques
- Experience with test-driven development and automated testing practices
Bonus points if you…
- Possess at least one of the Agile Development Certifications
- Certified Scrum Master
- Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP)
- Certified Scrum Professional
- Have proven experience writing and building applications using a 12-factor application software architecture, micro services, and API
- Have an astute ability in writing test scripts in an agile software development where built in automated test procedures are paramount
- Clearly communicate and provide positive recommendation of improvements to existing software applications
Years of Experience: 3 years or more
Education: Associates in a Technical Discipline - Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree
Clearance: US Citizen minimum, SECRET desired