Posted on Nov 10, 2018 by Gates Corporation
Job Type: Direct Hire
Driven by Possibility
Gates Corporation is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. At Gates, we are driven to push the boundaries of materials science to engineer products that continually exceed expectations.
We don t rest on our rich heritage of innovation. We leverage it to inspire solutions that will power the next hundred years. We invest continually in R&D and technology, so our products not only outperform industry standards; they exceed our customers demanding expectations. We invest in our people, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers diverse challenges of today and anticipate those of tomorrow. And we are constantly expanding our product catalog and value-added service offerings to support every facet of our customers operations. In the most extreme environments and those more familiar, Gates is there with the right product, in the right place at the right time. Whether building original equipment or maintaining products in the aftermarket, we enable companies in every industry to be more efficient, productive, and profitable. We are Gates.
Serves as a production area leader who leads and coordinates the employees of the production area to ensure that customer expectations are met in all areas including safety, quality, delivery and cost. This includes:
Ensures a safety driven culture where expectations are clearly articulated, safe work practices are adhered to and employees are held accountable for safety infractions. Investigates safety related issues or violations.
- Monitor and communicate employee issues and concerns. Contact HR / Management to determine course of action for situations that require immediate attention.
- Solicits employee s ideas and communicate to Supervisor, Continuous Improvement Coordinator and / or Manufacturing Process Technicians.
- Participates in operational improvement programs and projects.
- Facilitates efficient changeovers.
- Responsible for providing daily direction and training to area employees who perform work in production, ensuring efficient operations and processes.
- Leads teams in the area of performance, productivity, quality, housekeeping expectations and personal accountability.
- Works with supervisor for performance problems and recognition and provides coaching as appropriate.
- Assists supervisor to ensure policies and work practices are administered in a fair and consistent fashion.
- Ensures the GEM philosophies are adhered to creating a culture of self directed behavior and accountability and process and performance excellence.
- Conducts thorough pre-shift meetings and reports daily attendance and punctuality.
- Controls and maintains raw materials, production supplies and tools.
- Responsible for reporting and tracking of shift metrics.
- Ensures that all area employees are trained and follow SOP s on a daily basis in the areas of Safety, Quality, Production, Inventory and 5S procedures.
- Other Tasks or Duties as Assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: List the essential functions that are core to this position and represent at least 5% of the incumbent s time. Other duties may be assigned beyond the core functions listed below.
Ensuring that operators on team are following correct procedures required for safety, quality, and production in accordance with company policies.
Provide coaching and instruction to team members to improve performance.
Participate in continuous improvement activities.
Provide reports on daily performance of assigned shift.
Other tasks as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Will provide coverage when shift supervisor is not available. Will provide mentoring, coaching, training, and monitor safety, quality and production of assigned team.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have a high school diploma. Prefer 2 or 4 year college degree.
- Experience working in Lean manufacturing environment.
- 3 years experience in manufacturing environment.
- Extensive leadership skills
- Demonstrated initiative in fast paced work environment
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to coach and train team members
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory environments
- Experience in Lean manufacturing environment
- Change management leadership capability
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Suite and other ERP systems, such as Oracle
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. While in Manufacturing Plants or distribution Centers, the environment in some areas could require safety PPE to include hearing protection, steel toed shoes, and safety glasses.
Normal schedule is Monday through Friday but must be flexible to cover vacation / absenteeism or other needs within the operations department may be required to work different shifts.
Octo Consulting Group