Project Manager - National Security
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Datasource Computer Employment
Project Manager - National Security - Permanent - Hampshire - Excellent Salary
Our client currently have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Manager.
The role will encompass the management of a variety of projects ranging from smaller research type activities to multi-million-pound integrations.
As a Project Manager you will also be expected to support the business winning side of the organisation through the management of bids.
What will your role look like?
- Working as part of a wider delivery management community to deliver your projects to time, cost and quality.
- You will be responsible for generating project level forecasts that allow the business to communicate potential future performance.
- Supporting the National Security Account Teams with business development by providing bid management activity.
- Building and maintaining good customer relationships to enable long-term business growth.
- Enabling your project teams by working closely with business enabling services for resourcing, IT & facilities.
- Enhancing the National Security delivery business by actively supporting it's delivery portfolios and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Allow the business to track progress and provide guidance by engaging business assurance stakeholders.
What is expected from you?
- Extensive project management experience demonstrating the above responsibilities and tasks in a comparable business is essential.
- Extensive development experience in cyber security including the delivery of software related projects/programmes. This should include managing of engineering teams developing software and hardware solutions that go beyond supply and fit.
- Proven substantial experience in the National Security domain and working with government departments.
- Experience of working in the development of solutions for cybersecurity, business intelligence, communications or information security.
- Degree level education in a related subject area and ideally practical engineering experience.
- APMP and/or PRINCE2 qualifications are desirable
- Knowledge and use of Agile methodologies preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to board level.
- The ability to travel nationally (and internationally).
Our client will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
- Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family and an employee assistance program, in addition to a contributory pension that will allow you to effectively save for the future.
- A whole host of flexible benefits to include childcare vouchers, travel insurance, and dental care.
RECOMMEND A FRIEND: If you have professional friends/colleagues who would be interested in one of our roles and our excellent levels of service too, we'd like to recognise your recommendations with a 'thank you' of our own. For every colleague you refer who then starts a role through Datasource either Contract or Permanent, we will send you £300!
You will be required to hold a minimum of SC Cleared or willing to undergo. If you do not hold an active SC Cleared or willing to undergo please familiarise yourself with the vetting process before applying.
(c) Copyright Datasource Computer Employment Limited 2018.