Administrator DACC SC
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by DePaul
Category Senior Living
Type Regular Full-Time
FLSA Status Exempt
Department Senior Living
Corporation Name DePaul Adult Care Communities (DACC) Carolina
The Administrator will have the day-to-day authority for the CRCF for which they have charge, in collaboration with the Regional Director or their designees. They will be primarily be responsible for ensuring the safe, effective and efficient operation of the facility including quality resident care, business operations and physical plant.
Pee Dee Gardens
- Establishes and directs overall operation of the residential care facility.
- Ensures that department heads are oriented, knowledgeable in their position descriptions and responsibilities, and fulfilling the requirements of their duties.
- Ensures that all new employee orientation and required continuing education is organized in a timely and effective manner.
- Maintains stock level of supplies and ensures all equipment is adequate and in good working order.
- Makes administrative rounds daily to monitor resident care, activities, dietary services, and maintenance/housekeeping services.
- Maintains staffing requirements according to SC rules and regulations and within agency budgeted guidelines.
- Responsible for hiring of all employees within the facility in collaboration with department heads. Responsible for employee disciplinary process, when applicable, in collaboration with the Regional Director and/or Human Resources up to and including termination of employment. This will also include responsibility for the supervision and subsequent evaluation of employee work performance per agency guidelines.
- Fosters an environment for all staff, residents and visitors that enables open, effective communication for the purpose of efficient problem identification and resolution.
- Oversees all council and family meetings required at the facility.
- Will actively participate in community events and networking to promote the facility.
- Will act as lead person in all marketing efforts and admission procedures to assure that bed utilization is maximized. This will involve actively marketing to primary and secondary referral sources by visiting and meeting with individuals that refer on a regular basis in addition to developing new referral sources.
- Fosters positive working relationships with regulatory agencies, Community Advisory Board and the Ombudsman.
- Establishes linkages for all medical/psychiatric support services. Assists residents when applicable in making application for income entitlements and public benefits.
- As directed by supervisor will periodically provide departmental audits to ensure compliance with state regulations and internal policy and procedure.
- Oversees the facility budget including approval for all expenditures and assuring that resident rents are current.
- Responsible for resident spending and petty cash funds. This includes assuring that all funds are accounted for utilizing agency-approved guidelines and procedures.
- Assures that facility physical plant is in good repair at all times and meets all requirements as set forth by state regulations and internal guidelines. Obtains bids and proposals for administrative review of capital improvements.
- Organizes, approves and submits reports in a timely manner as required by the supervisor and/or administrative office.
- Aids and encourages residents to maintain family and community ties and helps them to develop new supports and interests.
- Assures HIPAA compliance within the facility.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor to assure the safe, effective functioning of the residence.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must hold a current, unencumbered Community Residential Care Facility (CRCF) administrator license as required by the state and receive required continuing education units for license renewal or must meet the requirements to obtain licensure.
- Demonstrated organizational and supervisory skills
- Experience managing budgets and financial operations
- Ability to work effectively with local, state and federal regulatory agencies.
- Must have the required references and criminal record check
- Has not been convicted of any criminal act including but not limited to financial misconduct, physical violence, neglect, abuse or exploitation.
- Must be of reputable and responsible character and is of sound physical and mental health sufficient to perform the duties of a CRCF administrator.
- Must have clean SC driver's license that meets agency's clean driving record policy.