Experiential Therapist Child & Adolescent Mental Health
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Christian Family Solutions
Join our team of talented behavioral health clinicians working with children who have started their healing process in our Child & Adolescent Day Treatment Program. You will evaluate, plan and implement Therapeutic Recreation programs to increase, maintain and restore functions and maximize recovery. Work in collaboration with a team to compliment other therapeutic techniques. The Experiential Therapist will have a working knowledge of a psycho-social functioning of clients as well as application of expressive activities within a psychiatric setting. These include, but are not limited to, adventure-based and environmental activities, sports, dance, group initiatives, arts/crafts, music, outdoor activities, art media, psychodrama, among other modalities.
Job Duties & Responsibilities :
- Complete required assessments, case management and recordkeeping duties and processes necessary for program.
- Plan and deliver a wide variety of recreational and experiential therapy activities in order to complement other therapeutic programs according to clients needs.
- Interact and communicate professionally with treatment team.
- Maintain environment in a safe and orderly manner. Take all necessary precautions and observe all safety rules to prevent injury to patients an assure clinic resources are secure.
- BS/BA degree is required, preferably in art, music, dance, recreation, or other therapies. A Masters degree in these areas is preferred.
- Certification/registration through appropriate credentialing board desired.
- Considerable knowledge of methods and procedure of planning and developing therapeutic recreational programs; ability to have good observation skills, analyze case data and documentation; programming/event skills, lesson planning and facilitating groups.
- Maintain effective working relationships with individuals, families and representatives of other professional disciplines. Ability to communicate effectively, make sound decisions, exercise sound judgment with discretion and interpret/follow institutional policies and procedures.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds and engage in light to moderate activities/sports.
- Must be able to work a varied schedule.