Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Beacon Health Options
NY: Latham (10 British American Boulevard)
We are currently seeking a dynamic Clinical Care Manager CCM to join our team at our office in Latham, NY!
About the Position:
We are currently seeking a dynamic Clinical Care Manager CCM to join our team at our office in Latham, NY! The Clinical Care Managers (CCM), licensed behavioral healthcare clinicians operate within a multidisciplinary unit and include Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Professional Counselors, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists, Psychologists or Licensed Registered Nurses. All CCMs have at least 3 years clinical experience, which includes client direct contact experience. The ICM CCM report to manager of ICM services. ICM CCMs function as an advocate, facilitator, outreach coach, educator, care coordinator, and motivational counselor for members and their families for members who have complex behavioral health and or medical conditions.
- Providing a timely outreach to new referrals.
- Engaging members into the program by providing compelling rationale on the benefits of the program to fit the unique member's needs.
- Completing members needs assessment to determine appropriate services and inform the care plan.
- Developing an individualized member centric comprehensive care plan with input from the member, provider and family. The individual goals include recovery and resiliency, decreasing symptomatology and/or increasing functional ability in areas such as self-care, work/school, and family/interpersonal relations in order to reduce barriers to treatment.
- Providing monitoring and reviewing of cases through planned outreach, incoming contacts, care coordination and utilizing rounds, weekly reports and individual supervision.
- Rounding or staffing with a supervisor takes place once per month at a minimum for difficult or challenging cases.
- Providing consultation and coordination with the behavioral health or medical providers, facility or, family members, s, community agencies, or involved medical practitioners regarding treatment and/or treatment planning issues.
- Providing motivational counseling and encourage self-advocacy to help sustain members' commitment to their care plans and treatment adherence.
- Coordinating and consulting with the UM Care Manager and medical care management as necessary Attending regularly scheduled rounds to consult with a psychiatrist or health plan staff and discuss cases and the need for continued intensive care management and outreach.
- Sending outreach letters to members who are not telephonically accessible or who do not respond to multiple telephonic outreach attempts.
- Frequency of outreach to the member, supports and provider(s) occur at a minimum one time per month, but more may be scheduled according to the member's clinical needs.
- Member's progress and ICM interventions are documented appropriately in the care management system.
- Providing case closure/discharge at the time of completion.
- Follows all work flows meetings regulatory and accreditation requirements.
- Maintain a consistent caseload within parameters as defined by clinical leadership. Communicate as needed with clinical supervisor to address caseload balancing
*Master's Degree in a mental health related field required (or Associates Degree with RN license)
*A minimum of a B.S. Degree in mental health field or an Associate's Degree in Nursing with related psychiatric nursing experience.
Licensure: Current valid and unrestricted license in a state or territory of the United States in a mental health field (RN, Ph.D., LMSW/LCSW, MHC, LLP, LPC, etc.) License in NY State.
Relevant Work Experience:
*Minimum of 3 years of experience in psychiatric and substance abuse treatment. Experience in settings that include inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient care preferred.
*3 - 5 years of direct practice experience in settings that include inpatient, partial, and/or outpatient preferred. Strong customer orientation and excellent written and verbal communications skills required. Must possess strong computer skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
*Analysis and problem solving
*Collaboration and team-oriented work philosophy
Click below on "Apply for this Position" to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled
AAP Reporting Location:
NY - Latham
ID (Req #):
Mon - Fri 830-5pm