RN, 3 West
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Western Reserve Hospital
Guided by knowledge of the basic principles of nursing based on the biological, physical, and psycho-social sciences, utilizes judgment supported by evidence and nursing theory in the delivery of nursing care. Provides, coordinates and/or delegates nursing care and manages resources in the delivery of care for patients, the family of patients and the community, with the goal of attaining, maintaining and restoring optimum health.
Education and Training
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current license to practice registered nursing in the State of Ohio.
* BSN preferred.
* BLS required.
* Certification of specialty area preferred.
* Per Diem RN's - At least one year recent experience in the area of practice required.
* Critical Care Float RN's - Experience must include intensive care and/or coronary care.
* Telemetry Float RN's - Experience must include telemetry.
* Additional related previous experience and/or preparation maybe required for specialty units.
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications.
* Basic computer experience and knowledge
* Required certification and training by department
* Requires full range of body motion which may include handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination
* Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
* Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
* May require exposure to communicable disease, body fluids, toxic substances, ionizing radiation, and other potentially hazardous conditions common to a clinical environment, such as risk of falls, strains, etc.