Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Pontoon
6 months Contract
The successful candidate will gain knowledge and experience of multiple Equity trading desks.
The role will involve exposure to multiple different products; swaps, equities, ADRs, options, futures, repos etc and it is expected that the successful candidate will gain a detailed working knowledge of these products in time.
The role will offer significant opportunities to challenge the status quo and implement/standardise new procedures and processes in a controlled fashion.
In time it is expected that the candidate will take on managerial responsibility for a relatively junior team on site including objective setting and performance reviews.
The role will be wide in breadth and scope and will offer the successful candidate a platform to build a successful career in financial services.
What Will I Be Doing?
This is A hire within the Equity Product Control Finance team.
The role includes:
- Completion and oversight of core daily tasks including P&L & Balance Sheet explain and Front to back reconciliation
- Being a direct point of contact for the trading desks
- Completion of month end P&L and balance sheet close - review of reconciliations, investigation of differences between reported and ledger numbers and review of accounting journal entries.
- The requirement to proactively challenge the status quo of the current range of P&L product control functions and contribute to additional ad hoc projects and queries as they arise
Competencies We Look For
- Execution Displays high level of attention to detail and considers relevant risk factors when performing the role
- Appropriately escalates issues in a timely manner to manager
- People Leadership/Team Working
- Collaboration Communicates and partners well with others to accomplish goals
- Works with others and shares ideas
- Builds effective relationships across peer group
- Personal Effectiveness
- Energy and Drive Maintains high levels of self motivation. Accepts and tackles demanding goals
- Seeks opportunities to apply new skills/knowledge
- Demonstrates personal commitment and confidence as well as being excited about the work we do
- Courage Stands up for what he or she believes in and has the confidence to speak up
- Character Acts on feedback to improve performance
- Works through challenges to achieve success
- Communicates effectively
Skills We Look For
Skill Level Description
- Management Strong Potential to lead and direct teams in time with full responsibility for own career and performance management.
- Communication Strong Will require regular communication with the trading desk and many other groups within the bank
- Adaptability Strong Ability to exhibit a flexible approach to work and ad hoc task management in a time pressured environment.
- Control Focus Strong Exhibit control awareness and recognise the requirement to appropriately escalate issues
- Change Management Some exposure Exhibits awareness of opportunities to influence change and improve daily processes in the work place
Nice to have
Product knowledge Ability to pick up new concepts quickly Candidate to have experience of dealing with Financial Products and be able to demonstrate a theoretical appreciation of the P&L Explain process
Strong Theoretical appreciation of the fundamentals of accounting (through ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent experience)
Financial services insight
Strong Understanding of markets and/or banking and the general concepts used within the industry.