Senior Compliance Monitoring Manager - FTC
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by McGregor Boyall
We have an exciting new opportunity with leading health and life insurance and investment business, who are looking for a Senior Compliance Monitoring Manager to join their team. It is a Fixed Term Contract of 9 months and is based in London. They are able to offer a competitive salary and bonus/benefits package.
The role is responsible for the general support for the Group Compliance Director to develop and deliver a risk-based compliance oversight and monitoring programme. This is to asses the effectiveness of the measures, controls and procedures that address compliance and the organisations conduct regulatory obligations.
- Responsible for developing an annual risk-based Compliance Monitoring and oversight plan focussing on Conduct and other regulatory risks
- Maintain a comprehensive Compliance Risk Universe
- Manage robust risk-based compliance assurance reviews and oversight activities to provide Senior Management with an insight into the efficiency and effectiveness of regulatory risks
- Provide advice, support and guidance to the Compliance Monitoring Team to successful deliver annual monitoring and oversight plans
- Support the Group Compliance Director to develop effective compliance monitoring and oversight approach
- Regularly liaise with key stakeholders, to internal Compliance function colleagues, 1st Line business, other 2nd line functions, and 3rd Line of defence to disseminate business and compliance activities
Requirements of The Candidate
- 3-5 years post qualification experience within financial services, ideally within insurance.
- Qualified Internal Auditor (IIA or similar)
- Strong knowledge of UK financial services' regulatory requirements particularly within the Conduct risk, and a good understanding of Prudential risks
- Previous experience of Compliance Monitoring and Oversight in Insurance
- Strong knowledge of other regulations and trade bodies, including; Financial Crime, DPA, etc
- Strong influencing and persuasive skills to an Executive level
- Degree (Bachelor or Master)
- Compliance qualifications to Diploma Standard
- Excellent written and oral communication
McGregor Boyall is an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on any grounds.