Enterprise Release Manager
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Lifecycle Resources Ltd
Enterprise Release Manager required by highly successful financial services company. The successful candidate will own the Release Management life cycle for products and services and be responsible for ensuring governance and control throughout.
- M anage the release process for code through development, test, and production environments.
- W ork collaboratively with all participants in software development projects and be supportive of developers and testers as they set up their build dev/test environments.
- W ork with IT management to improve the software engineering processes and practices associated with continuously building, deploying, and updating software and environments.
- B uild the IT Release Calendar in collaboration with Release Managers from across the different portfolios
- A ssist in managing projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
- F orward Plan release windows and cycles across a portfolio of products
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Coordinate release content and effort based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications, or operating system updates
- Communicate project plans and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Co-Ordinate deliveries into environments and ensure deployments are completed in assigned timeframe
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintain the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository, environment configuration and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Experience in Enterprise Release Management
- Experience in managing application releases within a multi business stream environment including managed service offerings.
- Good understanding of infrastructure architecture and principles
- Excellent understanding of the SDLC in multiple technologies
- Familiar and confident around ITIL processes
- Analytical problem solving and excellent communication
- Knowledge of supporting complex integrated applications.
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent customer-facing skills
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Some experience of the following applications would be useful: Salesforce, IBM IIB, Informatica ETL/MDM
- Experience working within in a financially regulated organisation.
- Experience working with third party providers.