Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Experis IT
6 months/Shift work
My Client is looking for an experienced Wireman to join the team based in Bristol for a 6 month contract.
This person will be responsible for the support and maintenance of Test Equipment. Investigations and product enhancements utilising the exiting extensive knowledge and resource pool.
- Construction and repair of Test Equipment for production using various materials, parts and techniques.
- Working with design to identify the need/benefit of test equipment.
- Translate specification requirements in to realistic and representative outcomes.
- Working with the team members, from manufacturing to support investigations and product enhancements.
- Compilation of documentation including test procedure and reports.
- Buying parts for Production TE Build.
- Assembly of surface mount and through hole PCB's, mechanical assembly and testing of monitoring systems.
Required Skills and Background:
- A basic knowledge of electronics, a basic knowledge of mechanical design.
- Use of test rigs and associated test electrical/electronic equipment
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to interpret and create assembly & test instructions
- Problem solving tools and techniques
- Clear documentation skills MS Word and MS Excel
- Familiarity with Requirements Management
- Interdepartmental liaison skills
- Aware of export compliance processes and be able to tag items and data (Training Available)
- Must be able to work on both commercial and military programs (Security Clearance required)
- Will possess general workshop skills
- Keep a tidy working environment
- Cable form manufacturing to include splicing and crimping to the required company standards
If you feel you would be suitable for the role, please send in your CV