Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Wingspan Care Group
For the duration of a five-year grant period, the Development Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Communications to manage and facilitate aspects of the Wingspan Care Group's external relations program and will support the marketing activities of the Ohio Healthy Transitions Project (OHTP).
This position also provides administrative support to the Development Division including activities related to marketing, special events, fund raising and general administrative duties.
The Development Coordinator will be responsible for the following essential job functions:
- Assist Director of Marketing and Communications to ensure adherence to agencies' brands;
- Assist the OHTP grant team and the Director of Marketing and Communications with implementation of a social awareness campaign (Goal 2) including media placement, processing and maintaining media placement contracts, etc.
- Manage production schedule for videos and other campaign elements;
- Ensure the brand of each agency is identifiable in all marketing materials;
- Ensuring agency marketing materials and media are current;
- Support the programs and goals of the agencies through the development of marketing materials;
- Maintain all marketing materials for Wingspan Care Group agencies;
- Maintain the websites of Wingspan Care Group agencies;
- Develop content for marketing campaigns, website, solicitation materials, etc;
- In coordination with the Director of Marketing and Communications, develop logistics for special donor publications (annual report, event programs, newsletter, etc.).
- Manage merchandise/logo items for WCG agencies;
- Manage ordering of merchandise and branded items;
- Implement social media strategy;
- Work closely with Director of Organizational Development and agency leadership to develop annual reports for Wingspan Care Group agencies on a timely basis;
- Process donations, including gift entry as well as timely and accurate acknowledgement;
- Manage donor database, including reviewing and cleaning data and updating mailing lists;
- Support staff's production of report, queries, exports, coding to facilitate donor relations, stewardship and other activities of the Development Division;
- Maintenance of the CRM fundraising database including daily entries and updates;
- Reconciliation of donor database with Finance as needed;
- Support the social media efforts of Wingspan Care Group agencies, including website updates;
- Attend weekly Development Division meetings;
- Attend and support all special events of Wingspan agencies;
- General administrative support of the Development Division;
- Respect the privacy of clients and hold in confidence all information obtained during the client's treatment.
- All client-related documents should be handled in accordance with Agency guidelines on confidential material;
- Maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adhere to Agency policies and procedures;
- With the Manager of Annual Campaigns and Special Events, coordinate logistics for all development special events.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
A Bachelor's Degree is required along with 1-3 years' experience in marketing, communications and/or public relations. Nonprofit experience, social media and understanding of electronic media is a plus.
Other skills include:
- Sensitivity in relating to persons of varying backgrounds and demonstrate ability to work with diverse groups of people possessing various strengths, aptitudes and abilities.
- Ability to perform job responsibilities with a high degree of initiative and independent judgment.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills.
- Practical and creative problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in: InDesign, Photoshop, Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms.
- Travel and work evenings or weekends as necessary.
If interested, please email cover letter and resume to (see below)