Pharmacist - Pharmacy Services General
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Pharmacist - Pharmacy Services General 001 - PRN Rotating - St Mary's of Michigan-MedCtr - Saginaw, MI
Variable shifts, any day of the week.
Why Join Ascension?
Based in Saginaw, St. Mary's of Michigan is a regional health system offering high quality care in cardiovascular, neurosciences, orthopedics, emergency and trauma, cancer, bariatrics, imaging diagnostics, and primary care. A part of Ascension since 1999, we offer 268 beds and over 20 specialty centers to provide access and care for people from over 70 counties.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's of Michigan-MI, you will have the opportunity to assure the appropriate selection, dosing, administering, and dispensing of medication orders.
- Review and assess medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential and actual drug related problems. Recommend formulary alternatives when appropriate.
- Compound and dispense medications for accurate delivery to patients.
- Provide drug information and education to medical staff and patients.
- Communicate with physicians and other clinicians as necessary to facilitate care.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ensure medications are stored and dispensed according to regulations.
- May need to compound and/or validate sterile products in the low- and medium-risk USP 797 categories. May include the handling, compounding, or validating sterile products in the hazardous medication listing.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Licensed Pharmacist credentialed from the Michigan Board of Pharmacy obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Bachelor's degree required. Must have completed an accredited college program with a recognized degree in pharmacy (ie BS in pharmacy or PharmD). No experience required.
- Hospital experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity