RN Registered Nurse - Urgent Care / Occ Med
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
RN Registered Nurse - Urgent Care / Occ Med - Gloversville Urgent Care - FT Days PRIMARILT DAYS BUT MAY BE REQUIRED TO WORK EVENINGS /WEEKENDS TO FILL STAFFING NEEDS. MAY BE REQUIRED TO TRAVEL TO DIFFERENT SITES. - Gloversville Family Health Ctr - Gloversville, NY
Why Join Ascension?
St. Mary's Healthcare in Amsterdam, N.Y., part of Ascension, features an award-winning acute care hospital, primary and specialty care centers throughout Fulton and Montgomery counties, more than 30 behavioral health services for persons in Fulton, Montgomery and Hamilton counties, a full continuum of physical rehabilitation services and a 160-bed nursing home. The organization has earned exceptional national rankings for excellence in medicine and has a continuing commitment to provide an exceptional patient experience.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. Mary's Hospital -NY, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to patients of the assigned clinic/practice in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's continued care needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Responsible for ensuring all practice medical equipment is regularly maintained in accordance w/required regulations, recommends need for new and/or updated medical equipment; orders/stocks medication & supplies
- Responsible for preparation of required patient medications used for site procedures
- Responsible for prescription authorization within the EMR, including but not limited to review of the Prescription Monitoring Program & appropriate documentation/validation
- Establishes rapport w/practice patients; assessing, evaluating, & documenting patient's physical, mental & educational condition within the EMR; provides patient education/teaching & prepares patient for required site procedures
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the New York Department of Education obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification preferred.
Education & Work Experience:
- Associate Degree
- Bachelor's degree preferred or Associate's degree required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- PREVIOUS SUPERVISORY EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
- PREVIOUS ER/ URGENT CARE EXPERIENCE PREFERRED.
- MUST BE ABLE TO WORK IN A FAST PACED/ HIGH VOLUME ENVIRONMENT.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Supplemental Health Care
Supplemental Health Care