RN - L&D/newborn nursery/postpartum - Part Time - Nights - Plainview,
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Covenant Health System
- The RN independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a group of patients.
- Uses information from a variety of sources to assess, plan, implement, identify outcomes and evaluate patient's plan of care.
To ensure a safe and healthy delivery, the labor and delivery nurse should display good judgment, pay attention to details, possess the ability to make quick decisions and be able to work well with others. Teamwork is important. Good communication skills are also an important part of their job responsibilities, as they are typically in charge of providing education to new parents. Other job duties include:
- Providing support for the mother during labor
- Monitoring the fetal heart rate, and mother's vital signs
- Measuring the strength and timing of contractions
- Administering medications and performing diagnostic tests
- Consulting with physicians and other members of the care team
- Assisting with inducing labor
- Coaching the mother during delivery
- Identifying and assisting with complications
- Assisting with various procedures, including Cesarean sections
- Monitoring and performing tests on newborns
- Providing education and support to mothers and families after delivery
- Candidates must meet the criteria to sit for the NCLEX examination and become licensed in the state of Texas
- BSN required or BSN must be completed within five years
- Current licensure in Texas or an approved compact state as a Registered Nurse or proof of application for licensure
- Certified in BLS
- At least one year of RN experience required
- Part Time
- Night Shift
- 12 hour Shifts
- 2 days a week
- Self- Scheduling
For nearly 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.
As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.
Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds:
Covenant Medical Center - CMC
Covenant Plainview - PLV
Covenant Levelland - LVL
Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock)
Covenant Medical Group (CMG)
Covenant Health Partners
Hospice of Lubbock
Covenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.