Registered Nurse- Cath Lab- Full Time- 8 hour shifts
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Covenant Health System
- The RN II independently uses the nursing process to safely, therapeutically and efficiently care for a patient having a Cath Lab procedure.
- Works as a vital part of a team consisting of a Circulator, Scrub Tech, Monitor Tech, Radiation Tech and Cardiologist.
- Circulates (team leads) during diagnostic and interventional invasive procedures adhering to principles of aseptic technique and radiation safety.
- Observes and interprets the cardiac rhythm and 12 lead EKG, intervening appropriately.
- Demonstrates proficiency in a variety of electronic equipment and supplies used during the Cath Lab procedures.
- Manages sheath removal and establishment of hemostasis.
- Takes "on-call" status for Cath Lab coverage and responds within 20 minutes when summoned for an emergency case.
- Works Pediatric Cath Lab/Hybrid Room/CSU/EP Lab when assigned.
- Cross-trains to other positions in the Cath Lab.
- Current licensure in Texas or an approved compact state as a Registered Nurse or proof of application for licensure
- Certified in BLS
- At least one year of experience as an RN in a Critical Care area preferred.
- ACLS and PALS preferred but may obtain after hire.
- Previous Cath Lab experience preferred.
- Requires assertiveness, excellent critical thinking and decision making skills, ability to cope with a high stress work environment.
- Must be able to stand for long periods wearing a lead apron.
- Must be able to push a stretcher.
- Full Time
- Day Shift
- 8 hour Shifts
- 5 days a week
For nearly 100 years, Covenant has been driven by a mission of providing a Christian ministry of healing and caring for the whole person - mind, body and spirit. Our vision and differentiator is we are the only faith-based, integrated health network in the West Texas/eastern New Mexico region dedicated to a Christian ministry of healing.
As an expression of our mission, we believe we hold an important Covenant with our patients and try and treat every interaction as Sacred Encounters.
Our ministry includes six hospitals with over 1,100 licensed beds:
Covenant Medical Center - CMC
Covenant Plainview - PLV
Covenant Levelland - LVL
Trustpoint (joint venture: Rehab Hospital of Lubbock)
Covenant Medical Group (CMG)
Covenant Health Partners
Hospice of Lubbock
Covenant Health's total service area includes 25 counties that covers most of West Texas and eastern New Mexico. The service area covers approximately 750,000 people and approximately 35,000 square miles.
Covenant / St. Joseph Health (SJH) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Covenant / St. Joseph Health (SJH) complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Positions specified as "on call, per diem" refers to employment consisting of shifts scheduled on as "as needed basis" to fill in for staff vacancies.