Strategic Sourcing Lead
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Opus Recruitment Solutions Ltd
The role is to lead and manage the senior buyers and SQE's so that cost and quality targets are achieved by means of a pro-active strategic plan.
- Lead senior team in all aspects of their job (support negotiations, contracts, commodity strategies, etc.)
- Identify bottleneck suppliers and develop mitigation plan.
- Develop Commodity Strategies with seniors.
- Develop and implement a pro-active strategy on Supplier Quality Improvement.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal and team working skills
- Ability to manage limited team and translating strategy in team objectives
- Flexible and capable of working in a complex manufacturing environment
- Capable of interfacing professionally with suppliers
- Resourceful, self-motivated and confident with working on own initiative
- CIPS level 5 or equivalent certification or equivalent through experience.
- Experience in strategic sourcing and leading a team
- Proven track record of providing savings target and managing the figure
- Experience with sourcing side of New Product Introduction Projects
- Familiar with PPAP Process and Supplier Quality Tools (eg 8D, auditing, etc.)