IT Datacenter Manager
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Request Technology - Kyle Honn
IT Datacenter Manager
- Provide leadership to the data center support teams with a broad set of responsibilities; manage tactical and strategic activities while focusing on continuous improvement.
- Responsible for timely execution of all data center services such as remote hands, customer installs, and service requests.
- Provides 24 x 7 on-call emergency response & support as necessary for incident management and data center emergency response to maintain the highest level of integrity and availability.
- Work and partner closely with business partners, project managers and engineering teams to deliver solutions to stakeholders in a timely manner
- Delivery and leadership: will have accountability for multiple activities, such as employee hiring, development, performance management, recognition and succession planning
- Builds long-term relationships within team and amongst peers by creating an environment of safety and innovation
- Executes HR-related processes and develops staff through coaching and mentoring and providing specific, timely, open, honest, and constructive performance feedback.
- Establish performance and capacity benchmarks, conduct analyses and prepare reports on all aspects of the datacenter operations and maintenance.
- Ensures compliance of the data center with various accreditations eg SSAE16, PCI DSS, ISO 270001, Uptime M&O. Support various audits in relation of these accreditations.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ year's professional experience in a data center environment - proficiency in one or more:
o Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
o Cisco - Cisco Certified Network Associate
o BICSI - Certified Data Centre Management Professional (CDCMP®)
o WAN/LAN, Storage
o Windows/Linux Servers/Virtualization
o Cloud based technologies
o Knowledge of Security Compliance regulations
o Proficient in project management
o Excellent time management and organization skills
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
o Experience managing CoLo datacenters as well as infrastructure cloud migrations
o Strong leadership skills - including team building, empower and delegate authority, ability to build rapport and consensus across 24x7 environment.
o Strong knowledge of infrastructure architecture & associated operational requirements
o Hardware installation knowledge - rack, stack, cabling (fiber, copper requirements)
o Working knowledge of ITIL processes - Change, Incident, Problem and release management
o Solid Understanding of Critical Electrical and Mechanical/HVAC equipment