Network Engineer/Architect Senior
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Request Technology
A prestigious company is in search for a Network Engineer/Architect Senior. This individual needs to have 8+ years of Network Engineering in a large scale enterprise environment. This individual needs experience with Data center infrastructure solutions like Cisco (R&S), F5, and Pal Alto. This candidates needs to have Scripting skills and experience with Python automation.
- Assist in owning the network (LAN, WAN, WLAN, etc.) to ensure maximum uptime for the Business, including the governing principals for network (data and voice) design and deployment
- Assist in Management of all projects requiring network resources and delivering per planned and agreed to dates including the analysis of technical needs, requirements, and state of the network's infrastructure design, integration, and operations
- Assist in motivating and growing the Network Engineering team to its next level of maturity, agility (NetDevOps) and scalability. Help build foundation and help define capabilities and processes to address network needs in tactical and strategic terms.
- Assist with input into the overall Strategic Network Direction and ensuring necessary hardware, software, and tools are provided for successful delivery of the Network Technology Roadmap
- Act as a liaison to the Global Information Security team regarding all network security status, policies, and procedures, as applicable to solutions, products and designs in the infrastructure space.
- Partnership with the Network Operations Team, for definition, refinement, monitoring and implementation (via proper designs) of the expected by business network SLAs and KPIs
- Assist in managing the budget management and vendor management.
- Interfaces with other architects to ensure designs are implemented per process including evaluating and recommending new products, maintaining knowledge of emerging technologies for application to the enterprise
- Participates in project and activity tracking processes
- Participates in the change control process and is a member of Change Control Board (CCB)
- Continuously updates and improves skills and networking knowledge through training and self-study
- Interfaces with vendors and partners to ensure security is maintained and integrated into all network connectivity activities
- Works with Global Information Security in interpreting network security analysis requirements
- 8+ years' experience of progressive experience in the Network Engineering field in an environment similar in scale to Company.
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- Senior engineering level skills in the following areas:
- Routing and switching
- Data Center infrastructure solutions: Cisco (R&S), F5 (LTM, APM, ASM), Palo Alto (NGFW + IDS/IPS functions), Infoblox (DDI), Citrix Netscaler (VDI), Cisco ISE and ACS campus LAN and WLAN solutions, also implemented on Cisco products, network segmentation and access control in remote offices
- Expert level experience which includes solutions analysis, design, deployment and operationalization in the following areas:
- Software Defined WAN (SD-WAN) solutions
- Programming/Scripting languages and frameworks knowledge and experience, in support of automation (Python, Ansible, etc.)
Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Request Technology - Craig Johnson