Oracle Database Administrator
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by ITech Consult
Oracle Database Administrator
Our client is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritional and branded generic pharmaceuticals, our client serves people in more than 150+ countries and employs approximately 97,000 people.
They are currently going through a significant expansion as we introduce new technology and machinery to manufacture a product which is revolutionary in the care and management of Diabetes. As part of that expansion they have an immediate requirement for a Database Administrator.
The Database Administrator will work independently with minimum managerial supervision as a part of the Business and Technology Services (BTS) organization. He/she will maintain the relational databases including both Decision Support Systems and Online Transaction Processing.
* Define requirements and associated designs for relational database systems.
* Work closely with application development team to ensure successful deployment and performance of database applications.
* Research and evaluate alternative solutions to resolve issues and recommend the most cost effective solutions.
* Lead or participate on the design and implementation of large, complex database solutions.
* Consult with developers and clients to determine the impact of new and revised processes on the overall architecture of systems.
* Facilitate monitor and implement solutions around data replication for multiple databases. Implement advanced monitoring and alerting solutions for database systems.
* Maintain appropriate level system documentation.
* Maintain and ensure database consistency, integrity, security and auditing in accordance with regulatory and compliance requirements. Work closely with management and present to customer or client audiences and/or professional peers.
* Ensure the implementation of roadmaps and assignments as defined by his/her management.
* Ensure data recovery, integrity, space requirements of databases through formulations and monitoring of policies, procedures and standards.
* Plan and monitor assigned projects and communicate project progress.
* Manage development, testing, and implementation of database systems to meet database capacity standards and sizing objectives.
* Support continuous process improvement and innovation.
* Oversee project intake for resource allocations.
* Assist in evaluating new requirements and recommend new processes and standards and appropriate
* Mentor less experienced DBA's in the performance of day-to-day and project-related duties as directed
* Troubleshoot and solve problems with existing systems quickly and completely. Responsible for diagnosing the problem, impact analysis and implementing a solution to prevent future problems.
* Assist in defining standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics
* Provide 24x7 on-call support as part of rotating team coverage
* Participate, as requested, in the Information Technology strategic planning process.
* Perform related functions and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned or required.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree with knowledge of database concepts
* Experience in large enterprise database environments, as well as solution delivery methodologies gained through a combination of formal training and progressive work experience
* Experience working in a regulated environment
* Oracle and Microsoft SQL Servers database administration
* System integration, resource optimization and capacity management.
* Experienced in managing large scale and mission critical systems.
* Capable of providing solutions and deep technical support.
* Strong level of English - written and spoken
Reference No.: 917928FK
Role: Oracle Database Administrator
Location: Co. Donegal
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Permanent
Should you find yourself suitable for this position then please send us your complete CV using the link in this advert.
Feel free to contact us for further information.
Since the foundation of our parent company - ITech Consult AG in 1997, we have continually extended our network of computer experts. ITech Consult has offices in Switzerland, Germany, UK and Ireland. Freelance IT specialists benefit from our comprehensive service offerings: including job evaluation, support in the application phase through to legal requirements, setting up of Irish Ltd Companies and on-going administrative support with our clients.