Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Edissero Ltd
Are you organised and methodical, with a love for writing and ticking off a detailed to-do list?
Are you an English language pedant who is irked by spelling errors and grammatical mistakes in written copy?
Are you a friendly people-person, with a good sense of humour and a tolerance for poor puns and rubbish jokes?
Are you looking to build a long-term career at a successful technical communications recruitment company?
Are you a lover of cake, who might also be tempted by the occasional salted caramel brownie?
Then look no further! Edissero has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic candidate to join our small, friendly and professional resourcing team based in the heart of Godalming. We've been recruiting technical authors since 2003 and we work with some of the most innovative and interesting gaming, software, artificial intelligence, fintech and engineering companies all over the UK, Europe and sometimes further afield, too. What's a technical author, we hear you cry well don't worry, we didn't know what one of those was when we started, either.
Forget everything you think you know about recruitment companies. At Edissero, we won't expect you to cold call potential clients all day or make 30 placements a month.
Our focus is to do our job as effectively, ethically, and helpfully as possible; words you don't always associate with recruiters, right?
So what do we need you to do for us?
To give you an idea, in this varied and interesting role and with full training and support from lovely colleagues, you will find yourself:
- Taking and filling specialist vacancies for companies working on some pretty cool new technology and concepts.
- Speaking to clients and candidates on the phone, getting to know them and their requirements/skills, and generally being a little bit nosy.
- Poring over CVs and writing samples, spotting and correcting spelling, grammatical and formatting errors.
- Composing exciting and engaging job adverts (just like this one ).
- Writing incisive and informative supporting notes for each submitted CV.
- Keeping our database meticulously up-to-date.
- Being obsessively organised; we gain huge satisfaction from writing and then gleefully ticking off a daily-to do list (we should probably get out more).
Visiting clients and nosing around their often very exciting offices. Sometimes you'll even go out for coffee and cake, which leads neatly on to:
- Either talking about or actually eating delicious food.
- Being genuinely (or at least pretending to be) interested in looking at our respective pet dog/cat pictures.
In exchange for the above, we're offering a salary of £18,000 - £24,000 p.a., a generous bonus and a nice benefits package including 25 days' holiday, contributory pension, private health insurance and a company mobile phone.
Sound good so far?
We'd love to hear from you. A CV and covering letter stating your suitability and interest will be gratefully received by Michelle Shoubridge or if you'd like any further information, please give us a call.