Project Engineer/Project Manager/CAPEX Projects
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Roc Search Limited
Interim Project Engineer/Engineering Projects/Engineering CAPEX Project Leader
West Yorkshire - Commutable From: Leeds/Huddersfield/York/Bradford
Interim Contract - Competitive Day Rate
We are looking to recruit an Interim Project Engineer on behalf of a European Manufacturing group to help support a plant capacity expansion initially over a 9 month period overseeing equipment and infrastructure projects.
The Role of the Project Engineer:
Reporting to the site operations director you will be helping oversee an exciting investment programme. Investment in new production technologies has resulted in an increased demand therefore the Project Engineer will be a crucial part of a team to help achieve set production timescales.
- Identify and agree strategic direction and value of project workload.
- Liaise with commercial, operational, quality/technical, safety and engineering colleagues to capture, scope, quantify and prioritise project ideas.
- Define a project management plan to ensure successful execution/management of the live project workload.
- Deliver projects on time, to budget, with successful ramp-up, no unplanned business impacts, which deliver the planned business benefit.
- Ensure good standards of financial control and post project review to dispassionately establish project success (or not).
- Define the business method of Project Management and Change Management, ensure compliance, and continuously improve the method and the capability.
- Installation projects and Production Shop Floor layouts & Warehouse Infrastructure
- Specific knowledge of Process Manufacturing and working with Equipment Suppliers
- Drive for results, in both the short and medium time horizon.
- Delivering results personally and magnified results through others (via good prioritisation of initiatives and alignment/coordination of resource).
- Resilience and perseverance to establish a CI culture.
- Qualified to graduate level and/or capable of demonstrating experience gained from managing multiple or large scale projects, and/or PRINCE2 project management qualification (or similar).
- Automation/Worked with Robots
- Manufacturing Background
Skills & Experience Required:
- Project Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
- Chartered Engineer - Desirable
- Reading of Engineering Drawings
- Mechanical Engineering qualifications
- Design/AutoCAD skills
- Desirable - MBA
- Required - Degree in Engineering