Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by WatCam
Suburban company is seeking a Staff Accountant. The organization would prefer a contract to hire candidate but open to direct hire as well.
The position requires attention to detail, organize figures and thoughts into a thorough, accurate and clear summary and effectively communicate (written and oral) the information to all levels of management, in a timely manner. This team member must be able to work both independently and as contributing team member, to meet team and department goals. Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize own work.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analysis and completion of Strategic Planning/Budgeting for Upper Management as well as ad hoc analysis as requested. This includes actual results, budgets, and projections that are used to make business decisions critical to the organizations.
- Coordinate, prepare and manage all aspects of budgeting and planning
- Prepare monthly and year-end financials, this includes the Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statement; research and document monthly variance analysis. Meet with managers to review results and analysis monthly.
- Prepare misc. tax returns (C.A.T., etc.).
- Oversees payroll activities and ensures filing of appropriate tax forms by outside payroll service center.
- Understand and oversee various retirement plans
- Track invested assets.
The ideal candidate will 5+ years of increasingly responsible accounting position. Bachelor's degree in accounting preferred. Additionally, the candidate should possess a thorough knowledge of accounting theory and application particularly in cash and accrual accounting and be able to demonstrate solid analytical skills. Experience and/or interest in social media marketing is ideal. Advance working knowledge of automated accounting systems and Excel are required. The person will be responsible for the accounting of multiple companies.
ARC Document Solutions
Major Legal Services
Western Reserve Area Agency On Aging