Digital Product Manager Senior
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by USAA
Digital Product Managers facilitate the evolution and implementation of the digital experience for USAA members. Collaborates with Product Management teams and business stakeholders to tackle complex and challenging problems in the line of business to optimize the Members digital experience, developing and delivering innovative offerings to market. Designs and drives implementation of multi-platform digital solutions. Optimizes existing experiences across dotcom, mobile and emerging platforms to drive KPIs. Employs a user centered design methodology/design thinking to bring world-class digital experiences to market across multiple touch points. Job Requirements
- Independently leverages market intelligence, competitive analysis, customer research, and member feedback. Translates customer "needs" and "wants" into requirements, and shepherd requirements through to delivery through collaboration with design and IT. Finds areas of opportunity and solve for member pain-points to inform and create product backlog. Develops detailed requirements, feature definitions and implementation plans. Leads cross-functional teams to envision new product features. Leads team collaboration to manage and prioritize product roadmap and releases.
- Continuously leverages advanced data-driven problem solving techniques and analytical rigor to understand, influence and report on key performance indicators. Generates meaningful insights to inform experience improvements. Explores additional opportunities for analysis, evaluates current metrics, begins to bring in 'big picture' thinking, and seeks to drive clarity amongst team, partners and key stakeholders.
- Contributes to establishment of annual KPI plans for digital platforms.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to finalize operational plans and project list.
- Consults with business partners to understand current and future business needs requiring multi-platform solutions. Prepares compelling presentations and then presents and communicates complex concepts to a diverse audience.
- Collaborates with marketing and other stakeholders to drive effective strategies for achieving digital goals.
- Researches and identifies industry best practices and trends to increase effectiveness. Acquires, maintains and applies advanced knowledge of the business, its products and processes, and an academic understanding of Product Management.
- Serves as a resource to team members. Consistently provides guidance to junior team members. Assists with on boarding processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Marketing or Human Centered Design or a related discipline OR 4 years experience in a digital function or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of experience required.
- 6 or more years relevant business experience, including 3 or more years in a digital function Or 4 or more years in a digital function Or MBA or equivalent or a related discipline and 3 or more years experience in a digital function.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 5+ years of technical knowledge: multi-tier distributed architecture, enterprise software, enterprise software infrastructure, and related technologies
- 3+ years in software product development or technology services working large customers in a product management role, technical architect role or lead developer role
- 3+ years operating in a cross organizational environment (Development, Operations, External Suppliers, Technical Architecture)
- Experience authoring white papers, positioning documents, marketing deliverables, etc.
- 3+ years experience with Web, Cloud, and Infrastructure Technologies
- experience with Agile methodologies
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 10/24/18 by 11:59 pm CST time.