Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Edissero Ltd
Our forward-thinking, innovative software client is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced technical author to join their small, energetic start-up organisation. As the company's first technical author, you will have influence over all product documentation and associated media, giving you a unique opportunity to really make this role your own. From customer-facing end user information right through to developer-level information and APIs, you'll lead, shape and strategise this growing company's documentation function from the ground up. In addition, you'll set metrics and KPIs to ensure that the documentation, videos and other content you produce is meeting customers' needs and keeping our client key to the future of the digital economy.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for the next step in their career. If you are passionate about writing, keen to take ownership, bring new ideas and make a difference to an expanding technology company, then we'd like to hear from you.
- Have at least one year's technical writing experience in a software development environment and working on complex/large products/software platforms.
- Be able to build out the core content, own and drive the creation of a new documentation function and be capable of managing it going forwards.
- Have experience of translating complex information into accessible information for users.
- Have the ability to pick up new technology quickly.
- Be technically minded and capable.
- Be enthusiastic and self-motivated, and have excellent decision-making, communication and interpersonal skills.
This role is based all onsite in their sociable, contemporary London office and is easily accessible by train. On offer is a competitive salary, equity and excellent benefits.