Optical Engineering Product Line Manager
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Request Technology - Craig Johnson
Prestigious Fortune 500 Company is currently seeking an Optical Engineering Product Line Manager. Candidate will manage the optical transceiver product lines in the Opto-electronics business unit, as well as be responsible for the product lines' profit and loss by driving both top line growth and cost optimizations.
- Define product requirements and be the expert of the product in the company. Understand the market, customer application, and applicable industry standards.
- Lead product life cycle management process to ensure product-marketing objectives.
- Direct multinational and cross functional, such as engineering, operations, sales/marketing, team and set priorities in product development, new product introduction (NPI), or sustaining phases.
- Lead & identify new opportunities to position the company's products. Support sales/marketing team to win new design or qualification sockets including direct customer engagements for roadmap or specific product application discussions.
- Develop product roadmap, key partnership, and technology platforms aligned with company business strategy.
- Masters Degree in Engineering or Physical Science
- 5+ years experience in Optical Communication component industry or application support in Optical transmission protocols
- Must demonstrate a blend of business and technical acumen, ability to make sound independent business and financial judgement, and the drive to make big picture vision a reality
- Extensive product management and technical expertise in optical network passive modules subsystems
- Ability to lead and drive cross-functional teams to deliver the right product and strategy amid established competition
- Capable of managing product life-cycles from initial business case through customer engagement to the final release to customers
- Possess the ability to build consensus among multi-disciplinary teams having different interests
- Solid technical background and capable of working with other teams actively on solving technical problems
- Masters Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or Optics
- 5+ years experience with product management
- Hands-on experience in DWDM systems development/testing