Senior Java Applications Developer
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Request Technology - Robyn Honquest
Seeking a candidate with 5 years applications, JAVA, UNIX application development.
- This is about upgrades, enhancements, code changes to new and existing application
- We do not want Middleware Administrators with application support experience
- We want candidates who came up through Java development and are enhancing and upgrading and developing applications on top of web Servers
- Must come from a Unix background
- Prefer WebLogic, Apache, Jboss environments
- This is not a product support role it is an upgrade and enhancement
Build and depolyment using web/applications services, Weblogic Tomcat, Appache, Unix Scripting, experience supporting applications ANT, Maven, Autosys, Jenkens, Sonar Cube, Team Forge, GIT, Agile
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 9 years of experience in Information technology with at least 5 years in developing applications using Java/J2EE technologies, preferably in Unix environment.
- At least 3 years of hands on experience with application development, build and deployment using web/application Servers such as WebLogic, Tomcat, Apache, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with databases such as UDB, Sybase, SQL Server or Oracle.
- Good knowledge of database concepts with working knowledge of SQL, Stored Procedures, etc. and strong understanding of database interfacing technologies such as ODBC, JDBC and DBMS native clients
- Strong Unix knowledge with experience in Scripting/programming languages such as Shell, C, C++, Perl, etc.
- Strong technical and analytical skills with the ability to analyze system functionality and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with various teams, both business and technical, to achieve goals.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and team working skills
- Certification in Java technologies
- Experience in supporting applications for database and Middleware (WebLogic/Tomcat/Apache) upgrades/migrations
- Hands-on experience with Build and Deployment tools and languages like ANT, Maven, etc.
- Experience with job scheduling tools such as Autosys