SQL Server DBA
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by MCG - Midwest Consulting Group
Title: SQL DBA
Location: Carrolton, TX
Duration: Contract to hire
Number of Positions: 2
Years of experience: 8+
- The Lead Database Administrator shall have a background in database administration and software engineering.
- Candidate will lead the DBA team in sustaining and evolving an enterprise database application.
- Support the customization and optimization of the overall database management system.
- Assist the Business Intelligence and Application development team in identifying issues and assisting in developing and optimizing queries.
- Candidate shall assist with the deployment of SQL components to the organization enterprise and support testing of the databases once deployed.
- Candidate will be required to troubleshoot reported issues from the field and fix the issues or communicate the problems to developers for further diagnosis.
- Most importantly, this candidate will need to have strong experience and knowledge of compliance, data integrity and security in order to comply with our security regulations.
- This role will be working with a cross-functional team in a centralized firm role, supporting multiple accounts, and is responsible for working closely across firm leadership to meet the operational and analytical needs of our clients, current and prospective.
- Success in this role will be secured and best achieved by a creative individual with a passion to learn, teach and challenge the firm's status quo across its service lines, business standards and strategic vision.
- Our firm and team thrives in a collaborative, open environment that demands a continuous focus and integration of the firm's values and strategic objectives in everyday work.
- We are driven by the ability to transform health care for the community through our clients and every engagement.
- Thorough knowledge of SQL Server RDBMS tools
- Extensive experience of designing schemas for OLTP & OLAP databases
- Advanced knowledge of data integration and workflow applications (eg, SQL Server Integration Services)
- Advanced knowledge of database reporting and analytical tools (eg, SQL Server Reporting Services or Power BI)
- Excellent SQL development and tuning skills to generate complex queries
- 8 years' SQL Server DBA experience, including two years' experience implementing shared enterprise database solutions, preferred
- Database performance and tuning, replication, monitoring, optimization and maintenance
- Database logs and bug lists