DataStage ETL Developer
Posted on Dec 8, 2018 by Independent Software
DataStage ETL Developer
Location: Edison, NJ
DataStage (ETL) Developer will play a multi-faceted role, which will be responsible for designing and developing batch/ETL interfaces using IBM's ETL tool Datastage as part of the IT ETL Team. The candidate will be responsible for maintenance and support of the existing interface DataStage processes including investigation of issues and production troubleshooting. This position will be a key member of the ETL Team and will support corporate critical applications.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in IBM DataStage (8+ years).
- Proven experience in Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation (all phase of software development life cycle - SDLC) including low-level Design.
- Proficiency in developing strategies for Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) mechanism
- Expertise in designing parallel jobs using various stages like Join, Merge, Lookup, Remove duplicates, Filter, Dataset, Lookup file set, Complex flat file, Modify, Aggregator, XML, MQ, Hierarchical
- Experience in schema designing for data marts, data transformation and data integration
- Expertise in designing complex SQL queries joining more than 10 tables with aggregations, partitions, order by, etc.
- Experience in production support with quick turn-around time for hot fixes
- Experience developing projects that have high level of complexity, being responsible for structuring the work, prioritizing and assigning project tasks, providing guidance and resolving issues.
- Create, update and publish interface documentation, system diagrams, presentations, workflows, project plans, risk logs and issue logs.
- Knowledge of DW, Data Virtualization (LDW) and Data Lake
- Understand Retail Data Model is a plus
- Excellent understanding of data warehouse concepts and experience implementing data warehouse using DataStage ETL tool
- Knowledge of DBMS including Relational vs Columnar vs Distributed
- Strong knowledge of relational and dimensional database concepts
- Experience working with Information Analyzer, Metadata Workbench, Business Glossary (Governance Catalog) is a plus
- Knowledge of Unix Shell Scripting is a plus
- Experience in any of the following will make you a stronger candidate: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, Enterprise scheduling