CRNA - Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist
Posted on Jan 5, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
CRNA Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist - Anesthesiology 002 - Full-Time,Day - St John Hospital & Medical Center - 34030 - Detroit,MI
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: St. John Providence Health System, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to administer anesthetic care for the purpose of facilitating diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures.
- Perform and document a pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient.
- Develop and implement an anesthetic plan of care, including monitoring modalities and post-anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care.
- Select, obtain and administer the anesthetic plan of care, including induction, maintenance and emergence phase anesthesia.
- Recognize alterations in physiologic responses to the surgical procedure and/or the anesthetic, take appropriate action and notify the responsible physician as indicated.
- Demonstrate proficiency with airway management in the OR environment as well as outside the operating room.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide the care appropriate to the age of the patient served. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient's status and interpret and document the appropriate information. Document on the anesthesia record in a timely, accurate and legible fashion. Utilize the electronic record when appropriate.
- Function as a clinical instructor for nurse anesthesia graduate students. Provide timely verbal and written feedback after each clinical day. Perform additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Initiate venous or radial artery cannulation or central line insertion as indicated. Participate in administration of regional blocks in collaboration with anesthesiologist.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Certification specializing in Advanced Cardio Life Support obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Certification, recertification or cert. eligible from The Nat'l Board of Certification and Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA) at the time of application required. Must be certified as a Nurse Anesthetist through the NBCRNA prior to hire date. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Specialty license in the State of Michigan as a Nurse Anesthetist or eligible for specialty licensure at the time of application required. Must possess specialty licensure as a Nurse Anesthetist in the State of Michigan prior to hire date. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure with the State of Michigan required. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Preferred Credential(s):
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support certification preferred. Licensure/certification monitored by health ministry Central Credentialing Office.
- Graduate from a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accrediation of Nurse Anesthesia Education programs at hire date required Applicant may apply up to two (2) months prior to their expected graduation date Master's level degree preferred
- One year of work experience as a CRNA preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Providence Health System provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within St. John Providence Health System will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with St. John Providence Health System.
St. John Providence Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)