CRNA - Nurse Anesthetist
Posted on Jan 5, 2019 by Ascension
Additional Job Information
Title: CRNA - Nurse Anesthetist
City, State: Wichita, KS
Location: VC Clinic Founders Circle
Department: Founders Circle Anesthesiology
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Rotating, 40 hours, Weekly
Via Christi Health's rich history of serving the people of Kansas and the surrounding region dates back more than 100 years to the healing ministries of our founding congregations. Today, Via Christi Health, part of Ascension, is the largest provider of healthcare services in Kansas. Based in Wichita, we serve Kansas and northeast Oklahoma through our doctors, hospitals, senior villages and health services.
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) administers anesthetic care for the purpose of facilitating diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures.
- Performs and documents a pre-anesthetic assessment and evaluation of the patient.
- Develops and implements an anesthetic plan of care, including monitoring modalities and post-anesthesia follow-up evaluation and care.
- Selects, obtains and administers the anesthetic plan of care, including induction, maintenance and emergence phase anesthesia.
- Recognizes alterations in physiologic responses to the surgical procedure and/or the anesthetic, takes appropriate action and notifies the responsible physician as indicated.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) within 45 days of start date .
- Registered Nurse and CRNA credentialed from the Kansas Board of Nursing and board certification obtained prior to hire or transfer date .
- Graduate of a School of Nursing Credentials in Nurse Anesthesia required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Ascension Health - VIA Christi participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)