Technical Product Owner/Product Manager
Posted on Jan 11, 2019 by Request Technology - Anthony Honquest
Technical Product Manager
Prestigious Fortune 500 Firm is seeking a Technical Product Manager/Product Owner.
Product Owner/Product Manager (Highly Autonomous Vehicle Safety Services) Responsibilities:
- Become the internal product expert for Risk Map and Insurance products.
- Responsible for new product innovations.
- Assist in definition of product vision, value proposition, positioning, and roadmap for Risk Map and Highly Autonomous Vehicle Services.
- Conduct research and analysis of industry and market data (customers/competition/technology) that will impact Driver Safety and Insurance pricing.
- Process input from Customers and internal sources to provide clear product and project prioritization
- Assist in developing technical documents that define market and product requirements.
- Work with Development, Operations, and Project Management to ensure development and delivery of products on time and manage expectations.
- Be the voice of the customer internally to ensure customer specifications are met during development and manage the development of product definitions and functional requirements.
- Exhibit strong sense of ownership and ability to work in global team environment
- Work closely with Customer Marketing/UX to facilitate creation of ground breaking user experiences across form factors.
- Support ongoing relationships and strategic alignment with product stakeholders for key customer accounts
- Represent Company in customer meetings, external functions, projects and consortia, as necessary.
- Must have bachelor's degree, preferable in Computer Science, Economics or Mathmatics
- Background in Automotive Industry within Autonomous Vehicle experience preferred
- Strong technical skills or experience in a technically complex product development environment (eg. database or software applications)
- Must have strong technical background in working with ADAS systems and Connected/Automotive Cloud APIs is a big plus
- GIS a plus for mapping and location aspects.
- Strong Excel and data modelling skills are required.
- Must have product managing mobile app ( Android and iOS ) experience.
- Ability to cooperate in a cross-functional team environment spread across many departments, while driving for desired outcomes.
- Ability/willingness to travel ~10-20%