Land Rover/Jaguar Technician
Posted on Jan 14, 2019 by Motor Werks Auto Group
If you have European car experience - we can train you to become a Land Rover/Jaguar expert.
Our business and customer relationships are continuing to grow and we're building a brand new facility adjacent to our current location to support that growth.
We need more experts and leaders like you who want to grow their career!
* 2+ years of direct shop experience preferably with a European car brand
Automotive Technology degree preferred
Completed classes or Certified or/and ASE Certified or 3+years direct experience
Customer Focused approach to your work
Interested in development and driven to make money
Solid automotive diagnostic skills a plus
Strong interest in continuous learning
Ability to work in high production environments with a continued quality focus
Must have his/her own tools - tools moved for you and a tool box provided
Ability to lift 80 pounds *
Also required is a successful completion of Pre-employment drug test/physical/ and background check
* Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
* Diagnoses cause of any malfunction and performs repair.
* Communicates with parts department to obtain needed parts.
* Saves and tags parts of the job if under warranty or if requested by the customer.
* Examines assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
* Communicates with service advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promised time.
* Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
* Road tests vehicles when required or refers to the test technician.
* Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
* Keeps abreast of manufacturer technical bulletins.
* Supervises work of any apprentice technicians as assigned.
* Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
* Ensures that customers' cars are kept clean.
Notifies service advisor immediately of anything that has happened to change the appearance or condition of the vehicle.
* Keeps shop area neat and clean.
* Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals.
Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
* Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
* Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
* Reports any safety issues immediately to management.
Benefits * Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
401K Plan *
Paid time off *
Short/Long Term Disability *
Employee Assistance Program *
Growth opportunities *
Paid Training *
Employee vehicle purchase plans *
Saturday Lunches *
Complimentary Starbucks Coffee and various other fountain drinks
Family owned and operated *
Employee Appreciation and Engagement Events
Health and Wellness Programming *
Family owned and operated *
Discounts on products and services
Technician Specific Benefits
* Relocation assistance available for qualified candidates
Air-conditioned shop *
State-of-the-art, brand new facility, air-conditioned and cutting-edge technology
Bays with lifts and complete tool cabinets for each technician
Shop equipped with the newest technology and equipment
Uniforms provided *
Discounts on products and services *
Work environment OSHA certified to current Air Quality Standards
Highly productive shop *
Career advancement opportunities, promote from within
ASE and state inspection certification reimbursement and all training expenses paid to further your career
Continued education, manufacturer hands on and web-based training
Clean and professional work environment
Apprenticeship program *
It is the policy of Motor Werks, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. Category: Construction & Trades , Keywords: Cabinet Maker