Respiratory & Sleep Care Navigator
Posted on Jan 14, 2019 by Parrish Medical Center
Under the general supervision of Neuro-diagnostic Manager, the Respiratory and Sleep Care Navigator is responsible for fulfilling the Parrish Medical Center mission, vision and values; navigating respiratory and sleep disorder patients in a manner that results in effective care coordination and testing through the continuum and increase treatment compliance to maximize overall patient care experience and outcomes.
The Navigator serves as the first point of contact for referring providers, patients, durable medical equipment (DME) companies, or other key integrated care partners.
The navigator will follow patient adherence to treatment and plan of care set upon their discharge.
The navigator will monitor re-admissions and provide ongoing measurable outcomes.
Key Responsibilities - Promotes and demonstrates Parrish Healthcare s Culture of Choice .
Ensures goals and objectives are met or exceeded by providing effective Respiratory and Sleep Care Navigation.
- Improves coordination of care and testing and increases treatment compliance to maximize the overall patient care experience and outcomes.
Includes but is not limited to partnering with patients and families to ensure understanding of care plan and initiating referral generation; providing timely follow up with patients and providers to successfully coordinate sleep related testing and treatment.
- Coordinates treatment equipment delivery between the patient and DME company.
Facilitates use of all treatment equipment and triages all care and treatment related questions and needs to the appropriate entity (physician, sleep center, home care, case management, etc.)
- Collaborates with hospitalists, respiratory therapists, case management and nursing to identify patients at risk for readmission based on respiratory status of pulmonary diseases nocturnal respiratory cessation, hypoxemia, sleep disorders and/ or other associated conditions.
Formal Education - Associate's degree in a healthcare related field required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years' related experience
Licenses, Certifications, Registrations
- Basic Life Saving (BCLS) certification required
- Preferred license of a Medical Assistant, Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, or Registered Respiratory Therapist
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category: Healthcare , Keywords: Patient Navigator