Cal Poly Assistant or Associate Professor - Heavy Civil Construction
Posted on Jan 14, 2019 by California Polytechnic State University
Candidates should have a strong interest in and are expected to:
- Teach undergraduate classes and labs in heavy civil engineering and management as well as develop and teach new undergraduate courses in this area of specialization;
- Advise students as appropriate on department, college, and university policy and career opportunities;
- Work with and mentor student organizations, clubs, and competition teams;
- Collaborate with related disciplines, industry partners, and the local community;
- Collaborate with faculty in Civil Engineering and Construction Management on developing new courses and professional interests
- Pursue scholarship and outreach based on the university's teacher-scholar model.
Application instructions and additional information available at . To apply, complete the online faculty application and apply to Requisition #105138. REVIEW BEGIN DATE: January 18, 2019. Applications received after that date may be considered. For additional information, contact the Construction Management Department at or refer to .
At California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, we believe that cultivating an environment that embraces and promotes diversity is fundamental to the success of our students, our employees and our community. Bringing people together from different backgrounds, experiences and value systems fosters the innovative and creative thinking that exemplifies Cal Poly's values of free inquiry, cultural and intellectual diversity, mutual respect, civic engagement, and social and environmental responsibility. Cal Poly's commitment to diversity informs our efforts in recruitment, hiring and retention. California Polytechnic State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Category: Education , Keywords: Associate Professor