Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech, Emergency Department
Posted on Jan 14, 2019 by Parrish Medical Center
Under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager/Director or Clinical Coordinator, responsible for transcribing physician orders by computer entry, and recording on the medical record.
Prepares and compiles patients medical records, and acts as the nursing station receptionist, answering the phone, and responding to patients and visitor requests.
Responsible for observing cardiac monitors for arrhythmias.
Has access to the locked Clean Utility/Meds/Nourishment rooms to complete transcription of orders and access to patient care items.
- Observes telemetry monitors and notifies the RN of arrhythmias, maintains monitor log and records ECG strips for documentation.
- Transcribes orders through computer entry of diagnostic tests, consults, demographic and Kardex information.
- Transcribes medication orders onto the medication record, faxes the orders to Pharmacy and delivers copy to the nurse.
- Responds as a receptionist to patient, staff, physician, and visitors and other departments.
Relays messages and coordinates information exchanges demonstrating telephone etiquette and interpersonal communication skills.
- Updates patient demographics, records vital signs, prints Pharmacy profile, prints worksheets and reports, obtains Lab results, as requested.
Work requires only minor physical exertion and/or physical strain.
Work environment involves infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements.
- Vocational or other technical school, certification, training or apprenticeship required beyond High School
- 0 to
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- EKG Monitor Certification
- Unit Secretary Certification, preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category: Healthcare , Keywords: ER Technician