Posted on Jan 14, 2019 by Parrish Medical Center
Under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, assists in the preparation, dispensing, and delivery of medications.
Orders and controls medication inventory.
Peforms billing functions for IVs, medications, and floor stock medication items.
- Fills Pyxis, Pyxis Cubbies, and non-Pyxis medications and delivers them to the Nursing units.
- Assists in IV preparation - Interviews patients, family member or caretaker to obtain medication histories.
Enters information into patient information system for Medical Staff review.
Contacts pharmacies, physician offices, or other providers to obtain accurate medication history information.
- Fills initial medication orders and delivers them to patient care areas.
- Medication inventory functions (accesses par levels, records needs, looks up wholesaler numbers and places electronic orders)
Work requires occasional physical exertion and/or muscular strain.
Work environment involves infrequent exposure to disagreeable elements.
- Vocational or other technical school, certification, training or apprenticeship required beyond high school.
Medical Terminology desired. Work Experience:
- At least 80 hours
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
-Registered Pharmacy Technician in Florida
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category: Pharmaceutical , Keywords: Pharmacy Technician