Financial Systems Coordinator
Posted on Jan 14, 2019 by Parrish Medical Center
Under the general direction of the Manager, Applications, provides continuous technical and application support for the maintenance and installation of the Hospital Information Systems (HIS) clinical information modules; evaluates, recommends and educates users on effective use of components and applications within the clinical modules to ensure efficient and effective utilization of automated systems; is primary liaison with clinical and administrative hospital staff, medical staff, and HIS vender regarding clinical module issues.
- Coordinates the on-going functionality of the clinical modules including evaluation and recommendation for expansion of online functionality to ensure feasibility, standardization integration and adequacy of specifications.
Collaborates and educates users on system functionality alternatives.
Meets at least quarterly with Clinical Coordinators (Lab, Radiology, Nursing, Home Health, et.)
to assist with need assessment, project completion and problem resolution.
- Evaluates recommends, initiates and assists with implementation of new software, software enhancements, and application modifications for the clinical modules, directly or indirectly impacting the HIS system to ensure thorough testing and functionality.
- Evaluates, accesses and recommends action for problem resolution, system implementation or enhancement as it relates to the HIS clinical modules.
Collaborates with Financial Systems Analyst and other team members to ensure effective and timely project completion.
- Develops training materials and course content for education of users, including physicians, on the clinical modules.
Provides training to users on all shifts as appropriate to ensure consistency in utilization of the CIS, and includes hands on, one on one and classroom settings.
- Identifies and evaluates information needs in clinical areas to determine needs that cannot be met with standard data elements and reports.
As necessary, develops customized reports and creates data fields for capture of required information.
- Associates Degree required, prefer Bachelor's.
Major(s) required: Health or computer related.
Work Experience: - 3 years to
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
License Preferred Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category: Technology , Keywords: Financial Systems Coordinator