Posted on Jan 14, 2019 by Parrish Medical Center
Under the indirect supervision of the DI Operations Coordinator, performs Mammography and Bone Densitometry at the Women's Health and Cardiac Village.
Technologist may be assigned duties at Parrish Medical Center and Parrish Healthcare Center-PSJ as required.
- Provides all aspects of Screening Mammography and DEXA (Bone Densitometry) care based on established standards by MQSA and the ACR.
DEMONSTRATES COMPETENCY in all procedures within the scope of practice, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served evidenced by: The ability to obtain information and interpret information in terms of the patient's needs; a knowledge of growth and development; and understanding of how to compensate technical factors to provide an optimal clinical image for interpretation.
Age groups that pertain include XXX PEDIATRIC XXX ADULT XXX ADOLESCENT XXX GERIATRIC *
- Selects proper technical factors, positioning and equipment to optimally demonstrate patient anatomy and corresponding pathology.
Uses department protocol for positions selected.
Provides patient breast care education and advanced breast imaging techniques, such as, magnification, cone compression, and implant studies.
Demonstrates good judgment of acceptable completed exam quality in the absence of a supervisor.
* - Completes timely and accurate computer entry duties including exam status change, billing additions or corrections, patient tracking time entries and other defined responsibilities.
Ensures all diagnostic mammography patient orders meet medical necessity.
* - Enters all pertinent assessment information and communication via PACS to the radiologist (or other healthcare providers) as it pertains to the exam.
Assures that all data is accurately collected, reviewed and distributed so that interpretation is completed in a timely manner.
- Makes available all pertinent prior medical records as required, collates old studies, digitizes relevant studies, assists in the report distribution process.
Reads posted department communications and attends staff meetings.
- Cleans and stocks all procedure rooms as assigned.
Cleans mammography and DEXA equipment and follows infection control guidelines for waste disposal.
- Completes all activities to meet Quality Control requirements in compliance with ACR and MQSA guidelines (i.e.
phantoms imaging, digital identification, film digitizing).
Troubleshoots problems as they occur. * Formal
- Associate's Degree, in Radiologic Technology.
Work Experience: - 1 year to
Required Licenses, Certifications, Registrations:
- Florida State DOH Licensed
- ARRT Registered RT(R)-Required
- ARRT Registered RT(M)-Required or registry eligible within 6 months of hiring.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category: Healthcare , Keywords: Mammography Technologist