Director of Accounting
Posted on Jan 14, 2019 by Parrish Medical Center
Maintains financial records and reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Government Accounting Standards Board (GASB), and coordinates all department activities with other hospital departments and with outside interested parties.
Analyzes financial performance of hospital services and programs and recommends adjustments as needed.
1. Promotes and demonstrates Parrish Healthcare s Culture of Choice .
Ensures goals and objectives are met or exceeded by providing effective Directorship in Accounting.
2. Manages the operations of the accounting department, including ongoing review of departmental procedures and work assignments and personnel-related issues.
3. Coordinates the monthly financial close and ensures that board and other month end reports are completed timely and accurately.
Review and approve journal entries. Is responsible for global analysis and explanation of variances on the income statement and balance sheet.
Performs ongoing financial analyses of hospital programs and services and reports upon any unusual findings or trends.
Reviews monthly reconciliations of significant general ledger accounts to ensure that balances are stated accurately.
6. Maintains expertise in accounting principles and acts as a resource for all hospital departments on accounting and financial issues.
7. Coordinates activities related to external parties such as auditors, state and federal agencies, consultants/contractors, and actuaries.
8. Maintains close working relationship with the Director of Financial Planning and Director of the Business Office to ensure that patient accounting activities are properly reflected and reserved appropriately in the general ledger.
Explains month to month material variances.
9. Oversees the annual capital budget and assists with the operating budget and maintains a close working relationship with the Director of Financial Planning to ensure that budgets and long term planning goals are consistent.
10. Researches unusual/complex accounting issues and recommends appropriate accounting treatment to the Controller.
Education - Bachelor's Degree required.
Major(s) required Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field.
Experience Minimum of three (3) years accounting experience which includes experience in supervision of staff
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled Category: Finance , Keywords: Chief Accounting Officer (CAO)