Digital Product Owner - Limerick
Posted on Jan 29, 2019 by Anonymous
Our client is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world who discover and bring life-changing medicines to those who need them, improve the understanding and management of disease, and give back to communities through philanthropy and volunteerism. They passionately promote food security and foster the human-animal bond to enrich the lives of their customers - and the customers they serve as well.
The role is based at our client's site in Limerick, close to junction 28 of the M7 and is easily commutable from the surrounding areas. This site is a short drive from Shannon Airport so would suit candidates looking for a weekly commute from abroad.
The Digital Product Owner will take the lead a product owner of an Agile, cross functional Scrum built team. They will work with Project Managers to develop supporting project and technology plans and help to ensure that business expectations are met while not jeopardising targets for time, quality and cost.
• Experience of delivering mobile apps and solid understanding of iOS and Android.
• Strong analytical skills with ability to write requirements in Epic and User Story format.
• Experience of managing projects from end to end, with developments using the Agile methodology.
• Experience of working within a matrix organisation.
• Experience of delivering digital solutions across all digital channels, Knowledge of Drupal CMS is a bonus.
• Experience in managing projects using remotely located teams.
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and thrives on fast-paced changing digital environment, excellent communication skills and "can do" attitude.
Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree with focus on Computer Science, Computer Engineering, IT, Digital Marketing or related field is required, MBA degree a plus.
• 5+ years of experience working as a business analyst or Product Owner delivering mobile apps and websites.
• Engagements with major companies or clients and delivering according to requirements, on schedule and within budgets is required.
• Impeccable business partnering, influencing and collaboration skills working with delivery teams, business partners, agencies and stakeholders, with ability to negotiate win-win outcomes, is required.
• Strong problem solving skills; responsiveness and flexibility with evolving responsibilities and changing environment are required.
• Strong UX and digital technology thought leadership with the ability to effectively influence and communicate across various business lines and units and at senior levels within the organization, is required.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills (oral and written), including the ability to articulate complex digital technology capabilities and approaches in a business focused manner, as well as explain business concepts to technologists is required.
• Experience in a process driven environment following sound Agile methodologies is required.
• Ability to succeed in a matrixed environment and influence adoption of new thinking is preferred.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference KA44454 in all correspondence