RN Registered Nurse Coordinator - Surgical Boarding
Posted on Feb 5, 2019 by Ascension
We Are Hiring
Coord-Surgical Boarding RN - Surgery 001 - Full-Time,Day - Ascension Providence Park Novi - 34015 - Novi,MI
Four 10 hour shifts M-F 6:30a to 5p.
Why Join Ascension?
Our Mission, Vision and Values: Ascension Michigan, as a Catholic health ministry, is committed to providing spiritually centered, holistic care which sustains and improves the health of individuals in the communities we serve, with special attention to the poor and vulnerable.
What You Will Do
As an associate with St. John Health-MI, you will have the opportunity to lead assigned staff in performing activities and tasks in support of surgical and/or central sterile services.
- Leads or coordinates shift operations of assigned activities, resources, and/or associates.
- Serves as a technical or functional resource and performs similar duties with staff.
- Assigns, monitors and reviews progress of work. Monitors and reports compliance with policies and/or procedures.
- Oversees and evaluates orientation and training of assigned associates. May provide input in the review and evaluation of staff performance.
- Facilitates throughput of cases into daily boarding schedule according to established policies and procedures. Plans and modifies existing surgical schedules by anticipating essential changes which will facilitate efficient case flow via tracking board.
- Integrates emergency cases into daily boarding schedule according to established policies and procedures.
- Plans and directs daily surgical boarding in coordination with nursing and anesthesia.
- Provides a thorough and concise inter-shift report. Ensures that all of the off-shift OR Charges/Leads are informed of all changes in department activities. Performs all other responsibilities and projects as assigned.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure by the State of Michigan Board of Nursing required.
- One or more of the following:
- Basic Life Support Provider certification from the American Heart Association (AHA) required. American Red Cross (ARC) CPR for Professional Rescuers card will be accepted upon hire but renewal must be a BLS Provider card from AHA.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing required
- 1 year of OR experience required.
- 2 years of OR experience preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Ascension Michigan provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: . Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Ascension Michigan will be reviewed at the e-mail address supplied.
Thank you for considering a career with Ascension Michigan.
Ascension Michigan participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E -Verify (link to E-verify site)