MicroStrategy Report Developer (m/f/d)
Posted on Feb 13, 2019 by XING SE
XING provides advice and support to its more than 15 million members during the upheaval processes in the world of work. In an environment marked by a shortage of skilled workers, digitalization, and changes in values, XING helps its members achieve as harmonious a work/life balance as possible: For a better working life.
MicroStrategy Report Developer (m/f/x)
XING is the social network for business professionals with millions of members all over the world. Help us shape the future - for a better working life! We currently have an opening at our headquarters in Hamburg.
Do you love working with large amounts of data, addressing business challenges and creating insights, visualizations and dashboards to help others have a transparent view on their business? Then, you would feel like home here at our Business Intelligence Competence Center. Here we collect large amounts of data and process them end-to-end in order to measure the success of our business units and support them with their decision-making process.
A challenging task
• Create and maintain the MicroStrategy metrics, reports, dashboards, visualizations, etc. based on business requirements.
• Work together with MicroStrategy Architect for developing schema objects of the reporting infrastructure such as attributes, facts, tables/views, transformations, hierarchies and mappings to data warehouse objects in MicroStrategy Developer.
• Work together with Data Operations team on the physical data model of the reporting layer and model MicroStrategy objects accordingly.
• Advise internal customers regarding reporting requirements and solutions.
A convincing background
• Advanced experience in MicroStrategy Object Modelling.
• Advanced experience in report development (Visual Insight/Dashboards, Grids, Documents).
• Advanced SQL knowledge.
• Good understanding of relational databases, logical/physical data modelling and data warehousing.
• Basic knowledge of BI reporting concepts beyond MicroStrategy, logical/physical data modeling tools, Exasol , MicroStrategy and Big Data Environments is a plus.
• MicroStrategy Project administration and Project Architecting knowledge is a plus.
• Work experience in agile environments (SCRUM, Kanban).
• Excellent team player qualities.
• Willingness to work independently on complex challenges and deliver reliable and quality-assured solutions in time.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Fluent in English. German knowledge is a plus.
An inspiring environment
XING offers a dynamic environment. As well as flexible working hours, you'll have an opportunity to unleash your skills and acquire new ones. We offer a wide range of training courses in addition to German, English and Spanish lessons, regular team and offsite events, and lots of fun. We also provide free drinks and organic fruit as well as a ProfiTicket public transport ticket, restaurant vouchers and travel insurance. And let's not forget the smartphone or iPad that you can use privately. You'll also be provided with a high-end Macbook Pro, and our offices have table football tables. If you're feeling really sporty, we also have great gym deals, and various other benefits….
If you have any questions please let us know!
Sounds good to you? We're looking forward to hearing from you!