Intern - Respiratory Care, Cardiopulmonary Services, Jewish Hospital
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by KentuckyOne Health
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: KY > LOUISVILLE > JEWISH HOSP 200 ABRAHAM FLEXNER
The Intern - Respiratory Care possesses working knowledge of routine respiratory care and has displayed age-specific competence in his/her educational program for pediatric (ages 13 months to 11 years), adolescent (ages 12 to 17), adult (ages 18 to 65) and geriatric (ages 66 and over) patients. The incumbent conducts himself/herself in a professional manner and is courteous to patients, physicians, visitors, members of the department and all other healthcare personnel. The incumbent supports and contributes to departmental productivity and organizational objectives by functioning as an integrated member of the respiratory care team and performs services consistent with his/her scope of licensure. The incumbent supports and exhibits behaviors consistent with the organization's mission and values in offering hope and healing to all.
1. Administers non-medicated aerosol and humidity therapy.
2. Administers oxygen therapy (including implementation of oxygen therapy protocol where appropriate).
3. Administers aerosolized medication.
4. Administers incentive spirometry.
5. Cleans and reprocesses respiratory therapy equipment.
6. Administers bronchial hygiene and performs chest physiotherapy (including implementation of bronchial hygiene protocol where appropriate).
7. Performs cardiopulmonary resuscitation and manual ventilation during resuscitation attempts and aides in rapid response calls when appropriate.
8. Provides patient, family, staff and physician education.
Performs other duties, with the scope of licensure, as assigned.
Education / Accreditation / Licensure (required & preferred):
The incumbent shall have completed the equivalent of one year of an accredited respiratory therapy educational program with a minimum GPA of 2.0. Further, the incumbent shall remain enrolled in said accredited respiratory therapy educational program while maintaining a minimum GPA of 2.0 throughout his/her employment as a Respiratory Care Student Practitioner.
The incumbent shall hold a Limited Mandatory Certificate (license) issued by the Kentucky Board of Respiratory Care; licensure must be maintained throughout employment as a Respiratory Care Student Practitioner.
The incumbent shall hold a current certificate from the American Heart Association in Basic Life Support or Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers.
Experience (required and preferred):
No prior experience in respiratory care is required (other than that which has been achieved from clinical rotations in the incumbent's educational program).
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Market: KentuckyOne Health