RN - Emergency Department
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by KentuckyOne Health
1. Assumes responsibility for acquiring knowledge and skills necessary for patient care in the identified practice setting.
2. Performs assessment and analyzes patient problems and conditions using critical decisioning to determine need for standard, urgent or emergent interventions.
3. Implements and/or modifies plan of care using assessment data, standards of care and evidence based practice inclusive of nursing care coordination, appropriate patient and family education, and discharge planning. Facilitates interdisciplinary partnership in patient care.
4. Integrates ethical provisions in nursing practice and delivers care in a manner that preserves and protects patient autonomy, dignity and rights.
5. Administers medications, IV therapy, and treatments in compliance with policies and procedures.
6. Evaluates progress towards attainment of desired patient outcomes.
7. Demonstrates effective on-going observations and reassessment of patient/family and their response to the interventions and changes in condition.
8. Documents assessments and interventions in accordance with hospital policy and standards of care.
9. Utilizes resources appropriately and follows facility guidelines for documentation and charging of medical supplies and equipment.
10. Assigns or delegates tasks to designated support personnel based on needs and conditions of the patient, complexity of the task, predictability of the outcome and facility policy.
11. Collaborates with new employees and peers to support orientation, training and development opportunities. Supports the profession of nursing through support for nursing student clinical activities, as appropriate.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 72
Primary Location: KY > BARDSTOWN > FLAGET MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
As a Registered Nurse, you will be responsible for delivering the highest quality patient care according to the specific orders of each patient's individual physician. This will involve, utilizing your knowledge and skills to educate patients and their families on prevention and healthy habits.
Additional responsibilities for this health care role include:
- Monitoring patients' conditions and assessing their needs
- Collaborating with physicians and nurses to devise individualized care plans for patients
- Administering patients' medications and providing treatments according to physicians' orders
- Fostering a supportive and compassionate environment to care for patients and their families
We are looking for a responsible and compassionate Registered Nurse with top-notch clinical skills, a caring attitude, and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision. It is also important to display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively educate patients and their families on the in-home healthcare process.
Additional requirements for this role include:
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license that allows you to practice in our state
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Experience as a Registered Nurse preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Specialty certification (ex: CCRN, CNOR, CEN) preferred
- Additional certification or licensure may be required for some specialty areas
- Requisition ID: 2019-R
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Night Job
- Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health