Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Total Wine & More
8088 Concord Mills Blvd, Concord, NC 28027 USA
As the store Supervisor, you are responsible for assisting the store management team in maintaining a positive environment that provides fast, efficient, and friendly customer service, ensuring an exemplary experience for both our customers and team members. This position helps supervise cashiers, stock associates, and sales associates, and acts as the Manager-on-duty in the absence of a store manager. The store Supervisor is also directly involved in promoting Total Wine & More products and services to our customers and may serve in a team member capacity to support the merchandiser/stock associates and cashiers as needed.
- Deliver exceptional customer service by greeting and establishing a rapport with customers while informing them of our products and services
- Drive retail sales, margin, and Winery Direct metrics
- Open and close the store as a key carrier
- Assist in onboarding, training and development of team members
- Manage all front end activities such as: monitoring cash accountability and reconciling drawers; assisting with schedule writing; completing supply orders; and following up on performance logs
- Execute, train, and coach team members on policies and procedures to include (but not limited to) customer service standards and merchandising activities such as signage and pricing
- Assist Store Manager, Wine Manager, and Assistant Manager(s) in implementing company directives
- Maintain store safety standards
- Ownership of store cleanliness and maintaining standards on the sales floor, stock room, lockers, kitchen, bathroom, etc.
Minimum Experience, Skills and Education:
- 21 years of age or older
- 2 years retail sales, customer service or hospitality management experience
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule as business requires
- Ability to use technology and access information necessary to complete daily responsibilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Experience, Skills and Education:
- Retail supervisor experience (including coaching/training peers or team)
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks at a time and meet deadlines
- History of willingly assisting others and acting as a team player
- Desire to continually develop knowledge of products and services
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for establishing customer relationships
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and engaging attitude and demeanor
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (with or without accommodations):
- Ability to walk, bend down repeatedly, and be on feet for 10-12 hours a day
- Ability to climb ladders and lift 50 lbs. overhead and repeatedly
About Total Wine & More
Total Wine & More is America's Wine Superstore®-the country's largest independent retailer of fine wine. We started in 1991 when brothers David and Robert Trone opened two wine stores in Delaware. Today, our typical store carries more than 8,000 wines from every wine-producing region in the world. In addition, Total Wine & More carries more than 2,500 beers, from America's most popular beers to hard-to-find microbrews and imports, and more than 3,000 different spirits from every price range and category.
Our strength is our people. We are always looking for motivated, talented part-time and full-time team members who are interested in working for a company with entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for providing best-in-class customer service. Our retail stores and corporate office (called the Store Support Center) provide retail jobs with opportunity for career growth and advancement. Offering competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, we strive to ensure that all Team Members feel that they are a part of the business, as they are valuable resources to our customers, co-workers, and communities.
Drug Free Workplace