Senior Cybersecurity Network Engineer
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Rockwell Collins
Requisition ID: 15697
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense.
Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we're helping passengers reach their destination safely. We're connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we're providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently searching for a Senior Cybersecurity Network Engineer to join our team in Carrollton, TX (IMS INC) (5070). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Collins Aerospace's cybersecurity services proactively support continuity of operations at critical infrastructure facilities. Our layered approach implements best practices to build industry-specific solutions to enable our customers to meet regulatory requirements.
The ideal candidate will work under the direction of the Cyber Security Engineering Manager, and will help lead the development and execution of secure solutions and services for critical physical security systems.
This is a client-facing position and there is a 25% travel requirement to customers' sites throughout and outside the United States.
- Significant domain knowledge and knowledge of associated products, systems and applicable regulatory requirements in assigned area. May be considered a specialist in a specific systems area or a generalist in multiple systems areas and recognized in their organization.
- Capture, analyze, decompose, model and create requirements for systems, product or sub-systems of moderate to high complexity.
- Conduct verification/validation testing for products and subsystems of moderate to high complexity and contribute to system integration.
- Develop functional, interface and performance specifications for hardware and software implementation.
- Contribute to architecturally significant requirements and technical risk area identification.
- May lead cross-functional or domain teams as a Project Engineer, or lead a systems engineering team on a small program, or lead systems verification testing for products and sub-systems of moderate complexity.
- Decisions may have moderate impact on cost, schedule, and performance.
- Understand and utilize internal processes, methods and tools for systems development and documentation efforts.
- Review defect trends and recommend new approaches, tools and techniques that drive continuous improvement in technical development processes
- Serve in a design quality role (systems) helping to assure that development teams are following appropriate processes.
- Act as a mentor to more-junior engineers in additional areas including project planning and execution.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
- Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, and / or Information Assurance from an accredited institution or related specialized field is preferred.
- This position requires you to work in a restricted facility requiring US citizenship with the ability to obtain a security clearance for on-site support at client sites, if required.
- Ability to travel to customer site (up to 25%).
- Five (5) or more years of experience in the field of systems engineering in cyber security / network engineering in a client-facing role.
- Background and technical hands-on experience with but not limited to the following solutions; Cisco ASA Firewall, Cisco Firepower, Cisco ISE, Cisco NetFlow, Cisco Stealthwatch, Cisco NextGen Firewall, Cisco Umbrella DNS-Layer Protection, McAfee Network Intrusion Detection System (NIDS), McAfee Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS).
- Knowledge of industry cyber security standards such as: NIST 800 series, DHS Cyber Security Framework, NEI 08-09, etc.
- Experience working with customers onsite, as well as supporting continued growth of services and products offered.
- Experience working within a formal systems engineering process-driven environment, and maintaining configuration management of all work products.
- Security+ or other relevant information assurance certifications (SANS, EC-Council, etc.) desired.
Skills to be successful
- Demonstrated ability to complete assigned tasks on-time and within budget in a results-driven environment.
- Ability to interface and collaborate with clients, peers, regulatory agencies, other departments and all levels of management to develop and improve solutions, and to build and maintain rapport and relationships.
- Ability to complete multiple projects / assignments concurrently while adjusting to changing priorities.
- Ability to integrate work across relevant areas, manage risks and safety appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Strong ethics, interpersonal skills, flawless communication skills, and the ability to effectively manage stress and engage in continuous learning.
At Collins Aerospace, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- And more
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.