Principal Electrical Engineer - RF Communications Design
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Rockwell Collins
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Collins Aerospace is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Principal Electrical Engineer - RF Communications Design to join our team in Richardson, TX (1060). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
Our growing department is looking for a motivated, confident and experienced leader to enable our Mission Systems team create airborne, ground and maritime products and systems that make our warfighters more effective and safer. If you are enthusiastic about this mission, we want you on our team.
The Collins Aerospace Mission Products team is looking for a dynamic RF Systems Engineer to perform product line and program engineering tasks related to the design, analysis, test and certification of products and systems for applications in electronic warfare and strategic communications. This position will include identification of areas for product improvement, development of technical roadmaps, and construction of technical architectures. The responsibilities will also include project execution with influence into requirements decomposition and hardware design. Design responsibilities will have a special emphasis on the hardware and system architecture. Engineering duties will span the entire product life cycle, from requirements capture and analysis, through design, testing, factory transition, and support of fielded systems.
- Technically plan, execute, and manage their project tasks to meet or exceed programmatic needs
- Develop platform use cases based on customer concept of operations (CONOPS) through regular customer interaction
- Provide insight to program leadership on implications of hardware changes to the system
- Create and present task status and technical solutions to team members, engineering leadership, and customers
- Develop hardware and systems requirements based on product, system level, and customer requirements
- Design hardware to meet rigorous military requirements for platform, environment, functionality, cost, and Size, Weight, and Power (SWaP)
- Test and verify designs that meet documented requirements
- Create and execute test procedures to support the qualification of products to government standards
- Lead early project risk identification, mitigation, and escalation
- Adherence to and support of the Collins Aerospace process methodologies while developing and managing commitments to meet project financial and schedule deliverables and quality requirements
- Utilize strong interaction and interpersonal skills to drive teams to success
- Read and understand metrics to predict execution issues
- Work with their team and other team leads to resolve complex issues
Must have Skills/Qualifications:
- Must posses or have the ability to a obtain a DoD security clearance
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
- Knowledge of design and development processes with practical experience in multiple phases of the HW lifecycle: requirements, design, development, integration, validation/verification, and sustainment
- Extensive knowledge of RF systems and applications to electronic warfare, strategic communications or similar applications
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital and RF systems, EMI/EMC, signal integrity analysis and electromagnetic theory
- In-depth knowledge of microwave solid state circuits, high frequency test and Advanced RF System Design
- Extensive knowledge of RF simulation\design tools (such as Microwave Office), network analyzers and spectrum analyzers
- Knowledge of modulation schemes, frequency planning, and RF development tools
- Well versed in communicating and interpreting technical information
- Experience with configuration management tools and processes
- Proven technical leadership of small technical teams
- Capable of leading investigations for open ended complex problems
- Understanding of earned value management techniques and philosophy and how it pertains to their project execution
- Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks while balancing priorities and schedules
- Good written and verbal communications skills and the ability to work well with others in a professional team environment
- Motivated self-starter with strong analytical skills
- Strong background and/or knowledge of Electronic Warfare Signal Analysis and Design
- Microwave RF circuit design expertise
- FPGA digital design and implementation
- Demonstrated experience in Timing analysis and signal integrity analysis tools (Mentor Hyperlynx, Quantum SI, or Microwave Office preferred)
- Demonstrated proficiency in VHDL or similar firmware development languages
- Factory transition planning and support
- Working knowledge of bidding and project/task estimation (SEER knowledge helpful)
- Able to investigate problems to the root cause and then champion the creation and implementation of corrective actions
- Highly proficient in earned value management techniques and philosophy
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
- Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
- An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.