Sr Manufacturing Electrical Engineer
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Rockwell Collins
At Collins Aerospace, we're dedicated to relentlessly tackling the toughest challenges in our industry - all to redefine aerospace.
Created in 2018 through the combination of two leading companies- Rockwell Collins and United Technologies Aerospace Systems - we're driving the industry forward through technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for global aerospace and defense. Every day we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Together we chart new journeys, reunite families, protect nations and save lives. And we do it all with some of the greatest talent this industry has to offer.
We are Collins Aerospace and we hope you join us as we REDEFINE AEROSPACE.
Responsible for engineering support during the assembly, test, and acceptance processes in the manufacture of Rockwell Collins products. This includes responsibility for specific process or environmental areas. Incumbent may be assigned to a specific product line or Integrated Product Team (IPT). Uses independent judgment to make decisions in day-to-day job responsibilities the majority of the time under general supervision.
- Maintains cognizance and control over Engineering support costs to Mfg. May recommend product producibility projects to reduce support costs.
- Provides technical interpretation of drawings and specifications for moderately complex products.
- Recommends engineering solutions for design tolerance problems and coordinates implementation with Design Engineering. May also coordinate with LCVSM.
- Evaluate test plans and test equipment designs. Selects capital test equipment using sound cost/payback analysis. May generate and track Appropriation Requests.
- Evaluate Customer Returned Good (CRG) activity to repair and return units in the most efficient manner. Use analysis of CRG failure data to identify methods of preventing future failures.
- Provide capacity planning and utilization analysis for accurate staffing and test equipment needs. Contribute to new test approaches that will reduce staffing and capital requirements.
- Eliminate/reduce test defects and improve test yields. Perform root cause analysis and take corrective action to resolve test failures.
- Studies test equipment performance and reliability, and establishes programs and solutions for decreasing equipment downtime. Contributes to suggestions for improve design of next generation test equipment.
- Receives little instruction on assigned tasks. Works fairly independently. Follows established processes.
- Extensive use and application of standard engineering and manufacturing principles and processes.
- Develops solutions to difficult technical problems of moderate to broad scope with occasional guidance from project managers
- Failure to achieve results will have significant impact to product quality or delivery schedules.
- Develops implements and maintains test methods and processes in the manufacture and test of sub-assembly, module, and top level product for well-defined new product lines or difficult product lines.
- Determines proper test flows and sequencing for the efficient flow of assigned products.
- Provides technical assistance and training support to floor test technicians.
- Maintains test documentation in current configuration and oversees accurate change management procedures for all test documents.
- Analyze test approach, plans, and processes for cost reduction opportunities.
- Develops working knowledge of difficult test systems and hardware.
- Provides technical assistance and support to all levels of testing.
- May provide Material Review Board analysis and disposition of Rockwell Collins and/or supplier products.
- Individual job duties may vary.
Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence is required. Candidate must have manufacturing experience as well experience trouble shooting electronics.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form - with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
•Medical, dental, and vision insurance
•Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
•Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution
•Life insurance and disability coverage
Apply now and be part of the team that's redefining aerospace, every day.
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.