Senior Software Engineer - Avionics Emulations Engineering
Posted on Feb 14, 2019 by Rockwell Collins
Requisition ID: 12764
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Senior Software Engineer - Avionics Emulations Engineering to join our team in Cedar Rapids, IA (1000). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The ROFP is delivered as part of a RC Software Developer Kit (SDK) to aircraft manufacturers, airlines and/or training device manufactures for integration into their applications that are used to familiarize, train and/or certify flight crews and/or ground maintenance crews on RC avionics systems. This position requires advanced experience with executing, scripting, configuring and enhancing RC simulation environments like VISTA, CORESIM, CSE, and/or ABLE to create and troubleshoot ROFP and to integrate ARINC-610 simulation requirements into the ROFP across all RC avionics system domains and assisting customers with troubleshooting and integrating the ROFP in their training applications.
This position supports equipment and systems of high complexity and advanced technology. The work is performed without appreciable direction and oversight. The successful candidate must exercise considerable latitude and insight in determining objectives and approaches to assigned tasks and be articulate and timely in reporting progress and enlisting and working with teammates and customers.
- Work with Program Management Office (PMO) and customers to identify training requirements.
- Work with avionics target teams on software pedigree, build schedules, expected behavior, problem resolution, and feedback rehost guidelines and best practices to the target teams.
- Support and/or lead bidding, planning, implementing, documenting, testing and releasing software in accordance with RC Decision Point and Technical Consistent Processes.
- Assist engineers, technicians and customers in diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex avionics equipment, rehosted avionics software and/or personal computer equipment used in PTS products.
- Installs, operates, maintains, repairs and modifies PTS equipment and software and determines and documents methods and procedures necessary to perform these activities.
- Involved in planning and preparing PTS customer delivery, installation and acceptance testing.
- Conducts analysis and documents requirements, test plans and procedures on PTS products.
- Will represent the organization as a contact and liaison for customer support requests.
- Will be requested to travel and support trade shows, demonstrations and customer integration.
- Bachelor of Science degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- US Citizenship or US Green Card.
- Experience with MS Visual IDE and Subversion.
- Experience with Ada, C/C++, Python, Structured, and Object Oriented Programming.
- Experience with rehosting/retargeting real-time avionics applications from aircraft target environment into Windows/Linux host based simulation environments.
- Familiar with Model Based Software Development tools and practices.
Highly Desirable Qualifications
- Experience with RC simulation environments like VISTA, CSE, CORESIM, and/or ABLE.
- Experience with RC Pro Line 4, 21, Fusion, CAAS and/or Flight2 real-time avionics systems.
- Experience with performing technical customer support and working with customers.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that's just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.